IMG_0734.PNG
IMG_0737.PNG
IMG_0742.PNG
IMG_0747.PNG
IMG_0778.PNG
Found some cool pics of Holy Toledo.
Thank you Trackside fothe history.

Reaction
I still say there was too much air in the rear tires.

Rearengjeep

Reaction
Awaiting a great post from Dave Quill's son Greag regarding the rear engine jeep the "Quilldabeast." Most of you will remember.

TROPHYSEDAN

Reaction
I found a OG pic of Holy Toledo.
IMG_1648.JPG

raceanything

Reaction
I guess I'm about 4 years late to this thread but see alot of familiar names (or at least avatars) hard to tell who is who sometimes.
Love all this cool history it's awesome to see everybody contribute to keep the stories straight and find info on these rad old race Jeeps. I have lots of Jeeps and I'm getting historic myself but I still want to go raceanything I can.
I recently picked up a '72 or '73 Jeepster Commando with old race livery on it.
Thanks to Trackside photo research shows it was once driven by Vernon Roberts circa 1978-80 that I have found so far.
It has no motor, trans or t-case in it. I can guess at what was there by the offset rear 44 but I would like to return it to period correct and take on the NORRA 1000 in a couple years.
If you guys can help get me in touch with Vern Roberts or anyone who might have known this car please let me know.
Trophysedan has been helping me look for a couple months it's time to turn up the wick

Thanks,
Jeff Mello

Attachments

• IMG_6440.JPG
    IMG_6440.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 141
  • IDEU8878.JPG
    IDEU8878.JPG
    6.4 MB · Views: 135
  • IMG_6441.JPG
    IMG_6441.JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 147
  • DZKI3779.JPG
    DZKI3779.JPG
    6.6 MB · Views: 129
  • IMG_6522.JPG
    IMG_6522.JPG
    9.4 MB · Views: 154
  • IMG_6443.JPG
    IMG_6443.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 141

trailready

ADVERTISER
Reaction
Hey, old friend. Good to hear from you!

Bro_Gill

Reaction
Well, not a Jeep, per say, but I would say Sherman Balsh's Scout would be one of the Historicals that needs to come back. And of course Don Adam's, but I think that one is still out there in good shape.

retroblazer

Reaction
Well, not a Jeep, per say, but I would say Sherman Balsh's Scout would be one of the Historicals that needs to come back. And of course Don Adam's, but I think that one is still out there in good shape.

I think the Scout is in good shape, in the hands of someone that would rather just show it at IH events. Almost like Parnelli was doing with his Bronco at the Ford events. Too bad, there's nothing like hearing a race car when it's racing.

Lord Green

Reaction
Try Lanny or Larry Monroe of Monroe Automotive in Upland California. He raced the Roberts Honcho in the early 80's

jeepspeedcom

Reaction
Hemi LJ. Thanks for the Don Adams pic and memories of this episode. I was at San Matias Don-A-Vee pit waiting to get in with Don when the flash flood filled the wash. Half the field had already gone through before the flood . The other half wanted Sal Fish to stop the race. There was over a dozen cars stopped scared to cross with more arriving . . Don decided to hook half a dozen race cars together with tow straps to freight train across the river. We would go first with the 4wd. I think you can see our strap in the water behind the Jeep. I sure would like to talk to the guy who has the Jeep now.