• Forum membership has its advantages....

Vintage Racing Photos

J Prich

Hey!
Just posted a bunch of old "home made" race pics...a handful from the Mint in 82, a bunch of color and black and white from the Mint in 83, a bunch from Riverside in 83, some 1988, etc. You can check out the albums on our Facebook page...

TPF Racing

All the photos were taken by my Dad, Gary Prichard.

Rory

Crayola Killer
Jason, GREAT STUFF! I've already stole a bunch of them and posted them on my "Vintage Off Road Racing" page but I make sure to give credit to the photographer when I know who it is. Thanks again!

J Prich

Jason, GREAT STUFF! I've already stole a bunch of them and posted them on my "Vintage Off Road Racing" page but I make sure to give credit to the photographer when I know who it is. Thanks again!
Rory,
Long overdue to share. My Dad will get a kick out of seeing other people enjoy them. So many great memories.

harleys dad

trip down memorie lane. Where are those class 7 trucks today like the walker evans built Mazdas and the D-50?. So much money put into them then they vanish. I herd Dave Matsui has 1 of those Mazdas in Japan, not 100 percent sure but where is the other. Cut up? I doubt it

Peter Alesi Jr.

I don't know who was racing the second Mazda, but my brother Mario was racing one of them. I will ask him what he thinks happened to his, because I know the other one burnt to the ground during one of the Baja races when it pulled over to change a flat the headers started a brush fire and engulfed the truck.

sb4pro

Thanks for posting all those awesome pics , I agree with Harley's dad it's so sad to think what happened to all those great old machines . :(

bloodhound911

Hi Guys, I am trying to trace the history of my 1987 w150 Dodge truck that I have had since 1994 . Im hoping someone might remember it?
rod haa3.JPG
rod hall 4.JPG
rod hall truck 2.JPG
rod hall truck.JPG

Bro_Gill

Looks like one of the Rod Hall signature trucks. Not a race truck, a race truck look alike. They sold them back then to honor one of their heroes. But I thought those were all based on trucks a couple years newer. Anyway, still a cool tribute to Rod and the program.

bloodhound911

Here is a nice example of the 1987 Signature model. Notice Roll bar, hood bumpers emblems, Different beast. What im being told is that Stroope Built a handful of these for Direct Connection to use for promo but im hoping to find some one to confirm that and or add to it. There seems to be no records from that era.

dodge-rod-hall-edition-w150.jpg

Josh 8

What every it is, it's a looker. I have a thing for dodge's. I like it.

La Tijereta

trip down memorie lane. Where are those class 7 trucks today like the walker evans built Mazdas and the D-50?. So much money put into them then they vanish.
Glenn Harris early on drove one of Walker's Mazda's in the MTEG series..

Also, Steve Kelly drove one at Riverside in 81'

1982.MTEG.13.Harris.WER.21x.jpg

harleys dad

Glenn Harris early on drove one of Walker's Mazda's in the MTEG series..

Also, Steve Kelly drove one at Riverside in 81'

View attachment 166635
Glenn Harris and Mario Alesi drove those in the desert races at that time, all ways wonderd where they went and herd when I was at BAP that Dave Matsui has 1 of these in Japan. Great looking trucks 1 of them ran into my class 11 in the 1983 Baja 1000 putting us so far down we timed out after running up front. Knocked the carb and manifold off the engine and pushed the fan shroud into the package tray ruining the fan and shroud and dech lod. Totally un called for. Needless to say we had a word about it after we got back to Ensanada.

Bro_Gill

The desert trucks were different builds. The truck Glenn raced was on Fox shocks. It rolled at a Mex race and burned up. It was the stimulus for banning push lock seatbelt mechanisms from the sport. As they hung upside down and the truck was on fire, the weight suspended on the belts prevented the push button from releasing them to get out. They had to push up off the roof to get free. They informed Savage and he banned the push lock belts from competition.

La Tijereta

I am not recalling a Walker Evans "Desert" racing Mazda program??
Glenn did run this "rotary powered" Mazda at the 84' 1000 under his own program..
The following year moved his programs over to General Tire..

1984.Baja 1000.704.Harris.21x.jpg