Vintage Yamaha Chenowth XT Rally Car

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
RDC Crypto
It is a cool car, but it is going to take some serious ginga to get that thing running again. My opinion is that it is only cool if it remains 4wd. I wonder if Fortin makes transaxle with 4wd.

Jeff Furrier

ADVERTISER
RDC Crypto
Website
www.upr.com
Not sure, but not sure it it would be worth it. To me, that car would really only have value to someone with a connection to it. Its a single seater with no history that would be expensive to restore and run. Honestly, if you got a car like that for free, you'd still probably couldn't make sense of putting it back to its original condition.

None of these cars probably make any financial sense, but there is a point where you have to consider just how much you'd spend compared to the value when done.

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
RDC Crypto
So it is a LHD single seater? I would love to know what is in the RH seat area. I agree with you Jeff, that it would be expensive to get it running, even if it were free. Might be cool with the little Duramax TD or a Subaru turbo.

Rory

Crayola Killer
RDC Crypto
Website
www.racers-only.com
Rory Chenowth drove a single seat Chenowth Magnum at the 1988 MINT 400 with a Yamaha Vmax motor in it, Sponsored by Yamaha, finished 4th in class 1 unlimited if I remember correctly.