Viper Engine

TStover9

Reaction
I'm just curious to see if anyone has ever tried to put a Viper motor in a buggy. I know the cost would be ridiculous, but i just wanted to see if anyone has tried it.

Reaction
Harrahs. Check out DirtSports current issue for their prerunner.

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
Reaction
Walker tried it in his TT 94-96 had a real taste for transmissions. The motor had so much torque at a low rpm it would cook itself.

MikeLeung

Reaction
Thom Greer of Greer Bros Racing also has a Viper engine in his Fodrill 4 seater

casey[unleashed805]

Reaction
kinda off topic but id drop by with an itresting fact ,,,, the lifters used in the viper engines are lifters that are pulled off the assembly line for the 3.8l v6 engines with the highest leak down ,, they use these lifters cause the high leak down helps the viper engine idle and helps emmisions at idle because of how radical the cam is .. just an intresting fact for ya guys

racer56

Reaction
kinda off topic but id drop by with an itresting fact ,,,, the lifters used in the viper engines are lifters that are pulled off the assembly line for the 3.8l v6 engines with the highest leak down ,, they use these lifters cause the high leak down helps the viper engine idle and helps emmisions at idle because of how radical the cam is .. just an intresting fact for ya guys
I think you are confused. What do lifters have to do with how much leak down a engine has?

Reaction
I believe he is talking about lifter, not cylinder, leak down. Probably lessens effect of big lobe cam at idle/low rpm due to lower oil pressures.

casey[unleashed805]

Reaction
I think you are confused. What do lifters have to do with how much leak down a engine has?

the leak down in the lifter not in the engine ,, a hydraulic lifter is filled with oil to help hold spring pressure in the lifter and has a leak down rating

racer56

Reaction
Sorry I read your post wrong.

crower

Reaction
they use the same lifters in the v8 magnums , v6 magnums and v10's..there was never a spl. leaky lifter invented, and if it was it was not suppposed to leak so quick.We make the hyd. rollers for chevrolets and other brands and have a spl. fixture for leaking down the tappets. We time them with a clock for 30 seconds and see how far they bleed down. then throw all matching leak rates to the same box and sort them out . takes about 1 hr to flow / leak a set to our specs. But anyway to the v10 viper i have done tons in the viper cars with 500 hp to the wheels all natural asp. , smog legal ! They ran a 9.99 at 141mph on slicks / spraying a 300 shot.....the first viper to go 9's. in the 1/4.
Great engine , but lots of costly things needed to operate this beast.Better for the marine use! they are using them in a lot of boats now , calling them ILMORS.