• Forum membership has its advantages....

virus..camburg

evan_clanin

just to let every one know..i recived a virus today via email..it was sent from mike leavitt..and it has a subjecy heading of camburg....the attachment was called camburg.doc.pif......heads up..check up mail

JenDiggityDirt

Evan...there is a nasty virus going around right now and it's definitely circulating around the offroad community. I have gotten the same virus like 5 different times this week with different names on each and the file name keeps changing, but it's the same thing. Just don't download anything from email unless you know it's coming and even then check it for viruses.

<font color=white>JEN</font color=white>

Jerry Zaiden

I was sent an e-mail from a customer. I had no idea it had a virus but it did. This virus will attack your hard drive and send out e-mails to people; it will send attachments from your doc files. I can say it totally messed up my computer. I know of a few people who have got this virus from others and it messed up their computers as well.

Crayfish

I had the same thing on my office computer, the message says "Hi! How are you? and there is a file attachment. DO NOT OPEN IT!!!!!!!!! Delete it. That virus messed up my office computer and the only way to get it out of there is to edit your registry carefully.

If you have this virus, follow this link (below), go there, click on the [email protected] and follow the instructions for editing the registry. Do it exactly as it says or you could screw up your registry (very bad) make a copy of your registry BEFORE you make these changes so you can go back if something gets messed up.

http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/nav/nav2001_info_option_solve_virus.html</A>

Update your virus list from the software manufacturer and scan often.

TimHayosh

It's not just in the off-road community! This is everywhere. All the anti-virus companies have the cure.

Steve_HKmtrsprts

Most of the emails say "Hey there, I need your advice on this, please answer the questions in the attachment" I have received numerous amount of these emails. So watch out!!!

The difference between men and boys is the Speed of their Toys

evan_clanin

steve thats exactly what they say..i also got one regarding someones opinon on a model-t

Paige

Jerry - there is a fix-it tool On Symantec's web-site download that baby and run it on your machine - if its the sircam virus - it will fix it!!

I spent most of yesterday and the night before making sure both my computers are virus free cause I these things are propogating like wild fire...try the tool for that one. There are like 6 viruses that are at a level 4 on Symatec's web-site - look to see which one you have.

<font color=yellow>Paige<font color=yellow>

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
I've gotten the same e-mail from different people at least 10 times in the last two days.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
here is the email I got!

Subj: Rachel clc
Date: 7/25/01 11:00:33 PM Pacific Daylight Time
To: [email protected]

File: Rachelclc.doc.pif (142336 bytes) DL Time (28800 bps): < 1 minute

Hi! How are you?

I send you this file in order to have your advice

See you later. Thanks

Stan

Re: here is the email I got!

I got something similar to that, about 15 times and I think it used an Offroad Warehouse's employee's e-mail address.

"Rehabilitation begins at autopsy."

Paige

Hey I got that one too - this morning!!!

<font color=yellow>Paige<font color=yellow>

JenDiggityDirt

That would be the one...I've gotten from at least a dozen people now and they're all "from" names I recognize...am I right in assuming this virus can't touch you unless you DOWNLOAD what's attached?

<font color=white>JEN</font color=white>

evan_clanin

there was some hummdag guy talkin poop in the classifieds....hhhmmm

Kritter

Krittro Campbell

Hummdag is my email. What "poop" was I talkin in the classifieds? I don't consider honesty "poop".

And yes Jen, the only way it will hurt your computer is if you download it.

Kris

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Thanks for the web address for the tool to remove the virus. This remove tool is very easy to use and fast.

Stan

This thing has made it's rounds. My Chicago Blackhawks list has received it also.

"Rehabilitation begins at autopsy."

Clifford

I just received an email today from an Ellen Loer who stated the subject is about Coyote Creek. I don't know if this is the same person but it looks as if theese individuals are picking subjects based on profiles for your email. As I live in La Palma, Coyote Creek is the riverbed right next to my house. Check your profiles and see if the subject has derived from there.

Terrie_Tavis

I apologize to anyone who received a virus from me. Its the one that been going around and around. This is the second time I've received it, and I haven't opened up an attachment nor have I sent one for couple of months. It seems to spread partial documents to those that are in my address book and to those I don't even know. I hope this thing fizzles out soon....its driving me crazy!!! Again, my apologies!!!

Bad Ass Toys Aren't Just For Boys!!!