Vision X Race Series ?

f1sleepy

Reaction
Anyone have any pictures of how you mounted your "race series" Vision X HID's on a light bar? Just trying to get some ideas of what to do with the heim joint brace that comes on them. Thanks in advance.

James

joe1369

Reaction
Anyone have any pictures of how you mounted your "race series" Vision X HID's on a light bar? Just trying to get some ideas of what to do with the heim joint brace that comes on them. Thanks in advance.

James
Once they are adjusted, that boss is for an additional support so they don't wiggle, right?? I have not seen this version, but talked to Joe at Vision-x about them. Are they the brighter (higher watt version) of the HID's or just the HID's with a new bracket??? Can you post a picture, please. Thanks:)

f1sleepy

Reaction
They are just the 35 watt version with the extra double heim brace bolted to the top of the light housing. I'll try to post a picture here in a minute.
PICT0324.jpg PICT0323.jpg

James

Edit: Just click the blue "X" and you should be able to see the pictures. I don't know what the deal is with them, and excuse the blurriness on the second one.

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
James,

This is the only shot I have of my light bar that sort-a shows the mounts that hold the rod ends. Just use a regular steel mount with a 1/4 hole and weld it to the top of your light bar, then use the rod ends for your true adjustment. Make sure your adjustmenats are close first, then weld. Hope that helps.

Attachments

f1sleepy

Reaction
That's pretty much what I had in mind, thanks a lot for the pic! I just wanted to make sure there wasn't some oddball way to do it.

James

joe1369

Reaction
James,

This is the only shot I have of my light bar that sort-a shows the mounts that hold the rod ends. Just use a regular steel mount with a 1/4 hole and weld it to the top of your light bar, then use the rod ends for your true adjustment. Make sure your adjustmenats are close first, then weld. Hope that helps.
That looks nice Rory, I have these lights without the heim, and the only problem I have had is they shut down periodically??? ever have these issues???

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
That looks nice Rory, I have these lights without the heim, and the only problem I have had is they shut down periodically??? ever have these issues???
Joe, sorry for the late response. When I had my old Hella HID's I had that problem but it turned out to be a ground problem. I have truly never had a problem with My Vision X HID's and if I did, Joe @ Vision X is money when it comes to helping out with any problems.