Visor ideas..

scottm

Reaction
You can see from my avatar that my current visor is an aluminum strip about 5 inches wide in the top of the windshield opening. At snowflake saturday the rain was coming in horizontally, and my visor was useless. I had to lift the faceshield to see, but then I got 60 mph raindrops that feel like bb's in the face! Does anyone have tips on a better visor design, maybe a duckbill?

ChromolyKid

Reaction
Super-glue a mini windshield wiper to your faceshield :p

mebuildit

Reaction
I took these pics at DuneBuggy.com's place. This was on one of thier cars. I really like the idea. Chuck always has great cars over there and is a great guy to deal with.

Attachments

trent06

Mush
Reaction
Aside from the sun visors as well as what you already have I dont really have any suggestions. At Parker I had to deal with this alot and what I learned was dont open your helmet visor/shield. The faster you go the easy it is to control as the rain drop beads then slide off your face shield. Get a real pair of driving gloves like a 1 or 2 layer Sparco or Ringers that are fireproof. They retain water really really well so even in the rain when you whipe your face shield the water doesnt just smear but it soaks into the gloves. That is what worked for me, and think about this what is the likelihood of you having to deal with that each race, maybe one race per year?

Becerra

Reaction
x2 on the rain X