Volks Jam by the Parker Dam

ONE_RJ

Reaction
Lucas Hand and myself would like to invite you to our VW car show. We would love to see the off road community come display some cool VW powered race cars. Hope to see you at our 1st annual event

BajaFand

Reaction
Very cool! Are only VW’s welcome for the poker run or is it open to vehicles of all types?

ONE_RJ

Reaction
VW's only Car Show event. We are hoping the off road community will bring out some class 11, 5-1600, Class 5 , 1600 cars and VW pre-runners new and old etc to show for fun.
The Poker Run is a cruise on the highway along the river, not in the dirt. We have mostly street VW's showing at the event , so we are trying to get a good mix of VW's.

CMA GUMBY

Reaction
Special room rates if we call? Or just reserve on our own?

ONE_RJ

Reaction
Just call and reserve a room on your own- Hampton Inn or Best Western is right by the Friday night La Piazza Pizza. A number of VW guys enjoy camping at La Paz county park.

Tube ride

Reaction
Wonder if the desert bar will be open? That’s the best bar in America , and a totally rad place !

CMA GUMBY

Reaction
Weekends October to April. Not sure about the Covid crap though... Will try to get down there in the next couple of weeks...

ONE_RJ

Reaction
This is the “Volks Jam by the Parker Az Dam “ thread you guys are on. Switch over to your own “ Desert Bar channel” in my best Weatherman voice

Tube ride

Reaction
Sorry I was just starting to anticipate coming down to la Paz campground .....now not so much

ONE_RJ

Reaction
Lots of interest , it’s going to be a good show. Cruise or trailer a VW out to show or stop by to check them out.

CMA GUMBY

Reaction
Reserved my spot. Not sure what car will be ready, but I am.

ONE_RJ

Reaction
Thank you , we look forward to seeing what ever VW you have ready. The show is taking shape and we should have a good mix of cars. We still could use some off road cats. Class 11, 5-1600 or vintage VW buggies. Anyone have one of these to bring out?