Volunteering for the MDR KOTD race

NIKAL

Reaction
For those who have thought about volunteering, this race would be a great race to help out at.

MDR's McMillin Superstition Series has re-designed the Volunteer program for 2009. What has changed is the fact that check points & road crossing are now sponsored. We have 4 full 2009 season Check and Road Crossing sponsors. Slime, ORW, Fiber Tech and UPR.com. MDR still has a few open checks and crossings during the year as MDR has left these open so a company can have the opportunity to sponsor and see if this is something they like. Also these companies are listed in the Dusty Times MDR ads, so they are getting good promotion for their dollar. Every race car that comes through a check or crosses a road will drive between a pair of sponsor’s banners. This way the racers will remember the check easier and the sponsors name is getting out.

So where does this money go? Well so far what MDR has been able to do is offer road crossings and check points an ice chest with food and drinks in it. MDR has been able to put Rubbermaid totes together with things like safety vests, first aid kits, fire extinguishers, sledge hammers for stakes, note pads and pens. Also most of the time the sponsors have been able to give the volunteer program goodies to hand out to the volunteers. Who could not use a new T-shirt or Koozie cup or maybe be one of the lucky ones who received the mini air compressor at the Fud 200 event! And these sponsors have given a ton more swag to give the volunteers at the KOTD race! We have everything from T-shirts to videos and more Slime tire repair kits with air compressors!

The newest items to be purchased for the KOTD volunteers have been 5 brand new 10X10 Quick Shade awnings for when it gets hot out and to provide some needed shade.

This is a great year to consider volunteering for an MDR event. Economic times are tough and if you can’t afford to race, but still want to contribute to be apart of the action then this might be for you. Or if you have volunteered in the past and want to help out again just PM JAM1600, NIKAL or you can call MDR at 626-442-9320 for more info on how you can help.

KOTD Check Point and Road Crossing sponsors are;
ORW
Slime
Fiber Tech
Mag 7
UPR.com
Buggy Works

tmathews

Reaction
I signed up at the drawing on the 11th. But after looking at the map I don't think it would be feasable for me to stage the race cars and make it out to a road crossing. If they need a Spotter, let me know.

I emailed blazersracingmom on the MDR website about my concern.

Still waiting for a reply.

JAM 1600

Reaction
I signed up at the drawing on the 11th. But after looking at the map I don't think it would be feasable for me to stage the race cars and make it out to a road crossing. If they need a Spotter, let me know.

I emailed blazersracingmom on the MDR website about my concern.

Still waiting for a reply.
Tim, blazerracingmom is the volunteer cordinater for the Cali Series, I will contact Bill Hammock and Donna to let them know of your concerns.Bill and Donna are the volunteer cordinaters for the Super series and they are in charge of volunteer assignments. Hey, once again thanks for always stepping up and making ALL RACING is plastercity possible ! I think you are in the running for Volunteer of the Year ! :D

YOSHIE

Reaction
Of course, Brian Willey will be out there roving the course and on stand by for any medical emergencies. He will also be racing a lap or two in #976.

Tundranation

Reaction
Tim, blazerracingmom is the volunteer cordinater for the Cali Series, I will contact Bill Hammock and Donna to let them know of your concerns.Bill and Donna are the volunteer cordinaters for the Super series and they are in charge of volunteer assignments. Hey, once again thanks for always stepping up and making ALL RACING is plastercity possible ! I think you are in the running for Volunteer of the Year ! :D
PM coming your way ! :D

tmathews

Reaction

Talked to Bill earlier.... Will be doing the stagging and manning road crossing number two !!

Can't wait !!!

NIKAL

Reaction
Add one more to the list of Check Point and Road Crossing sponsors for the KOTD race!

Competitive Metals has stepped up and will be sponsoring a Check Point.

KOTD Check Point and Road Crossing sponsors are;
Competitive Metals
ORW
Slime
Fiber Tech
Mag 7
UPR.com
Buggy Works

Attachments