VORRA at Fallon?

SteveS

SHANNON H 132 DAVE MORTON 125 SAM BERI 149 15?? MOTION TIRE
iT WAS A GREAT RACE ACCEPT THE GUYS FROM SOME ONES PIT TRYING TO CORRAL THE MINITURE DONKEYS

frankh

Well first off I want to say that we had a great time and everyone was very nice to us. the only thing that will stop us from racing Vorra more is the 9+ hour of travel.

We did not pre-enter so we started in the back. We were behind the 5 open running class 1. Start the race take a couple of mile to get the feel of the car. Have not driven this car in 2 years and it is allot different the the HMS car. Caught the 5 car around 4-5 mile mark and in his dust hit the slit turn and loose site of him finally get around him just before check 1 but because a couple of cars broke Sam and the others have checked out. Start the long up hill pipe line road and the top speed is 109 but the transmission is over 260 so we have to back it down. Get to S/f and was told that the leader is 4-5 min ahead. We head out for the 2nd lap and everything is ok till mile 15 or so and the TT is on fire we pull over and I tell the co-driver to get the extinguisher off the back of the car He informs me that is the other car on this car it is between my legs on the floor board. Well the last race the clip came undone so somebody decide to duct tape both clips down so I'm fighting them and it seem like forever (even my co-driver said what are you doing ? ) finally get it out and hand it to them and they have a shovel too so we talk off. My mind is thinking about how far Sam is ahead now and when I go to shift from 2 to third I hit first and the tach pegs at 10 grand but everything seems to be ok. now few mile down the road it throws the belts. I pull over and the co-driver start to get out and tells me I stopped in a bad place when one of the 4 seater came over the hill and I'm in a blind spot. pull down the hill and he jumps out and it has roll one belt and pitch the other. We normally put the alt belt on the side where the alt and the power steering belt on the other but who ever put them on ( me but I have not confessed to him) put them on the wrong side so the first one went on but the second is to short so he has to start over. get going and at s/f we have to stop for fuel car sucks on MPG. Dennis jumps in. after I got out I know the wind died so the dust was bad and we had light problems, Had to stop every-lap for something but he got it to the finish line. Dennis got it to the finnish for a third. Not bad for a car that has sitting for 2 years and all we did was throw the engine in and mount the lights.

Frank

by the way the car is for sale. (the lonthringer not the hms)

LoveZRaces

It was a great race with a great turn out.... despite the weather that made it a bit difficult at times. :rolleyes:
There are pictures & some stories here on RDC http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67127

But for more great stories & info check out the VORRA forum www.vorra.net

Thanks to all who made it out especially those w/ the long haul every where from Ventura, South Dakota, OR & UT!!! Hope to see everyone in Hawthorne! :D

SteveS

Hey Frank, i dont know if you like short course but we have the best situation on the west coast .And its 20 miles east of sac at prarrie city .You might want to come up in oct and see if any of the other guys trucks will make it over the grapevine. congrats on your race glad to see you guys

richard cretsinger

We had a blast in fallon despite loosing our transmission. During pre run the course looked fairly easy but found that the back section with all the sand sure ate the power and there for our trans did not like that. We hope that maybe some of you will make it out to run a BOR race some time. With the new owner it should be a great place to race, nothing against the old owners.

DONALD MACE

Elrod Motorsports had a good time in Fallon. Race was not to bad for us. Did have a few problems, lost the clutch slave cylinder, had to pull into main pits a few times to top off fluid and bleed it. Cost us some time. Had 1 flat on lat 2 right befor check 2, Jack swaped out tires there. Went all the way to lap 6 and JC had to pass a GT truck and got both left sides, only a few miles back to s/f. Lost some of the lights but still had enough to finish. Got 4th and maybe came out with the c-10 points lead ? Will wait and see. We had a nother great crew with us - Thanks to Curtis, Cody, and Bean for taking care of check 3, Jeff,Wes, Donnie, in main pit. Mike and myself at check 1. Glad to have Motion Tire team up with us. Thanks Frank and Carolin for making the trip. Dennis and Eric as allways a great time. And a big thanks to Joe Sellers for comming up and helping out. As allways VORRA crew did a great job. See you at Hawthorne.

LoveZRaces

We had a blast in fallon despite loosing our transmission. During pre run the course looked fairly easy but found that the back section with all the sand sure ate the power and there for our trans did not like that. We hope that maybe some of you will make it out to run a BOR race some time. With the new owner it should be a great place to race, nothing against the old owners.
Bummer about the transmission! Think you guys will make it out to anymore VORRA races??

richard cretsinger

we will see about making it to hawthorne, its right around the same time as the last bore race and then we were talking about doing the snore 250 in october, we have a bunch of freinds that are doing that race. doubtfull at this time but you never know. thanks for letting us feel like we didnt waste our time out there, you and the crew did a great job.