VORRA closing shop!?!?

indefab

You guys can count on the camino in group also T for every race of the series.

jcarius

Hey folks,

Things are in the works ... unfortunately I can't be explicit, but make sure you're ready to race the April Prairie City Race !

Thanks to those that have come forward with support - I've tried to get back to each of you, but I'm sure there are some I missed. Please be patient - I've spent 60+ hours in the last 8 days working on this - and raising 2 kids, and working 3 jobs ...

Cheers!

Jim Carius

madmyres

Hey folks,

Things are in the works ... unfortunately I can't be explicit, but make sure you're ready to race the April Prairie City Race !

Thanks to those that have come forward with support - I've tried to get back to each of you, but I'm sure there are some I missed. Please be patient - I've spent 60+ hours in the last 8 days working on this - and raising 2 kids, and working 3 jobs ...

Cheers!

Jim Carius
Geez Jim. It sounds like you need a hobby. Haha. Thanks for all the hard work towards finding a solution. I will be excited to hear the skinny

osborne

Great news Jim! Thank you and whoever else is involved. Keep us posted, Im sure Im not the only one on the edge of my seat.

kyle_pc_75

Good luck guys! I know how it feels to be in that position.

TRXSonoma

Happy to hear that there are people fighting to keep VORRA alive. I have attended many VORRA races since I found out about it back in '06. Now very close to graduating college and having a job capable of (barely) supporting some offroad racing, it killed me to hear that part of what has been motivating me to get through school was disappearing right as I am so close to finally being able to get out there and race.
I appreciate the people working to keep VORRA continuing on and hope I can be a part of it in the not-too distant future.

We just wanted to say thank you to Jim, Sam, and others for working so hard to get this going again.

y2kbaja

horn, tap, bump for this Sunday March 23.

It sounds like things might be moving forward and $upport is needed but more importantly RACE CARS are needed to COMMIT to race (not this Sunday but in 2014 and beyond).

We're getting together at noon on Sunday at PC.
Go thru the main gate, pay your five bucks.
We're calling it a "work party".
Bring your MC, ATV or race car (green stickered reqd) if you want to play.

43mod

Cant be there Sunday. Would be willing to help buy a permit when its needed. What does a permit cost ?

BrotherGrim

I will not be able to make it this Sunday, but my club, NorCal4Wheelers, and I will be at Prairie City 2, April 13th for Safety and Recovery if/when the race is a go. My club and I have been helping since 2008 and are willing to help the Prairie City short course races in the future for as long as VORRA need our help.

Matthew

y2kbaja

Cant be there Sunday. Would be willing to help buy a permit when its needed. What does a permit cost ?
Apparently about $9k and 18 months!

indefab

Im working on a ride up, so I am hoping to be there but thats dependent on a friend getting the day off to help tow, (my towrig is still not ready) if anyone is going up from the bay area with a truck I will cover the gas $$$ if you wanna drag the camino along and go for a ride.

Hope to see ya'll there!!!

jcarius

VORRA Revised 2014 Race Schedule Announced

The new management team of Valley Off Road Racinghas announced a revised race schedule for 2014. Included are 3 short-course races at tracks near Sacramento, CA and 2 desert races in Northern Nevada.

The new schedule is missing one of VORRA's traditions – the Memorial Day Yerington Race. “It is unfortunate that we were not able to work with involved parties to reach an agreement that would have allowed this race to go forward this year. I know there will be a lot of disappointed racers, and we will begin negotiations to regain this race in the future”, said VORRA's Jim Carius.

The race calendar for the short-course segment of the series opens May 3-4 at Prairie City OHV Park, Folsom, CA. After the desert series VORRA will be back at the short course at Prairie City OHV Park September 27-28 and VORRA closes its season on October 25-26 with it's annual Halloween race & party. VORRA short-course races feature multiple motos in every class with each moto ranging from five to eight laps.

VORRA’s desert slate includes 2 different courses. The desert series opens with a 225 mile night race in Hawthorne, NV on July 12-13 and the second desert race will be a 250 mile race held in Fallon, NV at the Top Gun Raceway on Labor Day weekend August 30-31st.

All 5 races in the series count toward the VORRA overall season championship. Events offer racers the option of competing in multiple classes for Cars, Trucks, Pilots, and UTVs.

Defending series champions are Steve Laroza (Group T), Dave Schneider (Ultra 4),Wes Harbor (Class 10), Dennis Jean (UTV), Aaron Osborne (Class1), Kurt Schnell (Class 9), Jerry Ornellas (Class 11), Max Baggett (Sportsman), Joel Counts (Pilots), David Capell (Zukiworld) and Matt Myres (Full Metal)

Revised VORRA 2014 Race Schedule

[xtable]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}May 3-4
{/td}

{td}Short Course
{/td}

{td}Prairie City OHV Park, Folsom, CA
{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}July 12-13
{/td}

{td}Desert Race
Night Vision 225
{/td}

{td}Hawthorne, NV
{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}August 30-31
{/td}

{td}Desert Race
Top Gun 250
{/td}

{td}Fallon, NV
{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}September 27-28
{/td}

{td}Short Course
{/td}

{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}October 25-26
{/td}

{td}Short Course
{/td}

{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

DesertDingo

This is very cool. We have a team meeting tomorrow to sort out our race schedule for the rest of the year.