VORRA Group T: Yerington

Samco Fab

Reaction
Just a heads up to everyone, May 22rd through 25th, Memorial Day weekend, VORRA will be running the anual Yerington 300. This is a loop race with about 6-50 mile laps. All standard classes are welcome. The town of Yerington is very racer friendly and welcoming.

Samco will be bringing our pit trailer to help out all the Group T trucks with pitting and fueling if the help is needed. Our trailer will have welders, air compressor, generator, tools and dump cans. Spares can be left with us, and picked up after the race. We have a few dump cans but if you can bring your own that would help.

Hopefully this helps the racers cut costs for traveling to the race, and lets them just bring thier race trucks. VORRA already has a Pro-Pit that offers its services for a small fee, so if you take advantage of our services at the main pit and Pro-Pit at midway you should be covered for pit support.

If you have a 7200, 1450, Class 8, Protruck and Trophy Lite, you are eligible to run in Group T, we are looking for a good truck count and great racing!

Also $500 SamCo bonus cash will be added to the Group T purse.

Last edited:

Ranger Danger

Reaction
Hope you guys have a good turn out this year went with Jolly Rogers Racing last year and was a total blast. little wet although ended up finishing our first race good times. and good luck to all this year.

Samco Fab

Reaction
Last year was pretty crappy weather but this year should be perfect. I think we will have an awesome showing of cars and trucks.

43mod

Reaction
we will see you there w/TL 6043.thanks for the pit offer.we will have a much improved shop trailer in the main pit if there is a need.it would be nice to repay some of the goodwill we have gotten from others.

y2kbaja

Reaction
Last year was pretty crappy weather but this year should be perfect. I think we will have an awesome showing of cars and trucks.
Last year was great, by the time I got in the truck for the 2nd half the entire 60 mile course was blue groove. I was chirping tires in every corner.

Ranger Danger

Reaction
Does anyone have any pictures from the first yerington race last year? any of 1547 ranger?

LoveZRaces

Reaction

Ranger Danger

Reaction
I may come out with some friends but the owner of the truck took it apart and is building a new one which is coming along really nice! Hope to have it together next year along with a sweet new prerunner cant wait to be the first one to break that one in! Thanks for the pics and good luck this year! Hope its a blast like last year

y2kbaja

Reaction
Samco, we're in for main pit along with Scott Rodgers and maybe Bettencourt (I think we were pitting with them too). We'll have at least 2 motorhomes and 2 trailers and prerunners so please have enough space for us. The motorhomes won't be over until race morning and do not need race course frontage (kids). Thanks. See you this weekend.

LoveZRaces

Reaction
Who else is ready & going to be utilizing this awesome opportunity?? I'm ready & can't wait!

Samco Fab

Reaction
Samco, we're in for main pit along with Scott Rodgers and maybe Bettencourt (I think we were pitting with them too). We'll have at least 2 motorhomes and 2 trailers and prerunners so please have enough space for us. The motorhomes won't be over until race morning and do not need race course frontage (kids). Thanks. See you this weekend.
Could you guys shoot me a PM with details of your fueling setup, like what diameter and side the fuel filler plate is, and how much fuel we will need to dump at what mile. I only have one 55 gallon drum, and 5 dump cans so I need to know if I need more stuff. It would be good to plan ahead so we have everything race day.

y2kbaja

Reaction
Could you guys shoot me a PM with details of your fueling setup, like what diameter and side the fuel filler plate is, and how much fuel we will need to dump at what mile. I only have one 55 gallon drum, and 5 dump cans so I need to know if I need more stuff. It would be good to plan ahead so we have everything race day.
pm sent. I just wrote your number down to call you later.

nohandslance

Reaction
I will be making the trip to spectate. See everyone Friday night. Is there a good spot to camp out.?

LoveZRaces

Reaction
There is always the camping out at Start/Finish in the main pits area, but there is also a campground at Weed Heights w/ hook ups just up the road from Start/Finish. I take it you'll be bringing the beer.....;)???

nohandslance

Reaction
There is always the camping out at Start/Finish in the main pits area, but there is also a campground at Weed Heights w/ hook ups just up the road from Start/Finish. I take it you'll be bringing the beer.....;)???
One delicious keg of Great Basin "Icky", for sure. What kind of smoke signal do I need to make, as to make my presence known? I will be at S/F. Thanks for the info.

y2kbaja

Reaction
SSSHHHHHH! That's a secret. (not the beer part).