• Forum membership has its advantages....

VORRA HAWTHORNE 250 Reduced Entry Fees

flyingford

250 mile desert race. Part of the 2017 VORRA series.
Registration and Tech will be at the Nor Cal Rock Racing ezup on site.
Pre-running Saturday 8am-5pm
Racing: Sunday 9am

We are cutting all the entry fees to $300 for all classes. Nothing extra for insurance, membership, trackers, transponders. Just $300 straight up....

All classes are wwelcome includint all Nor Cal Rock Racing and Ultra 4 classes

y2kbaja

$300 for 250 miles of desert race with pre-running!! How can anyone go wrong? Get the cars together!! It's time to go race! Hawthorne is a fun, challenging track.

BANNED4LIFE

too bad they are not smart enough to advertise this MONTHS ago........a week before the race does nothing, bummer.....good on vorra for trying make something happen, just a little late....

BANNED4LIFE

btw, your website is WAY outdated with no info.....and i thought i sucked at websites....

y2kbaja

You are very correct on both statements. Not my game board, I'm just trying to help the game.

DirtDgr

I am just stoked to see VORRA in the main thread here!! Pete, we are all over VORRA about communication! I cant be there because of high school graduations. Late but I applaud VORRA for stepping up! We will be in Fallon for sure in September. $300 to the winner in 1/2-1600 from Meek Racing at Fallon!

But please support this race in Hawthorne if at all possible!

ksmith

The best deal in desert racing just got better! $300 is a heck of a deal for a 250 mile desert race. Wishing we could make this one. Vorra is such a great racing series with so much to offer with both desert and short course racing as well as open prerunning. As a long time Vorra racer (started in 1998) I was really hoping to see the new owner Dave Cole do a lot more promotion and spreading the word of this racing series in an effort to get it back closer to what it used to be. I remember 70-80 cars and 100 mile loops in Yerington. Those were the days! Vorra still has GREAT courses compared to what we've run down in So Cal and So Nev.
Obviously this announcement is a little late but i applaud Vorra for working hard to make this race happen. My biggest fear is that they cancel a race and then they lose the permit for the next year. Not sure if this is how it works with the BLM but don't want to find out.

retroblazer

Glad to see Vorra running races. The entry fee is extremely reasonable. Any mandatory tracking device rentals required?

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

y2kbaja

Simple transponder rental is minimal if they still use.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today