VORRA is Back!

jackassracing89

Hey everyone, for those of you who don't know me, I am BJ Butcher. I am a vorra lifer. Vorra was sold to Dave Cole a few years back. My wife and I were at ORMHOF last year and ran into Dave. Being a fan of the retro off road, I casually asked if it was ok to use the Vorra logo to make some shirts. Long story short, Dave asked if We would like the organization back. Dave stated Vorra going back to a Vorra lifer was the right move. So just like that, My wife and I became promoters.

The last few months have been, well, interesting. Starting as a volunteer as a kid, then becoming a class 7 and class 10 racer for 10 years. The last 8 or so years I was Vorra's announcer. I thought I had a decent idea on how this all worked. HA! Vorra being one of the only organizations that race both desert and short course make's it another story.

Vorra is every bit of a start up. From Insurance, permits, crew, volunteers, securing racing locations, radios, tents, rule book, you name it, trying to organize and hold a race in 7 months is pretty much dumb haha.

But with all that, we have completed our rule book. The new website is up, and we have secured our locations for all 3 races this year.

My wife is killing it on social media, so if you haven't already, please checkout our
Facebook page VORRA- Valley Off Road Racing Association
Our Instagram Valleyoffroadracingassociation
And our new website www.vorraracing.com the website is being updated daily and we are adding new contact literally by the minute.
I sincerely appreciate all the hard work our volunteers have already done, and really look forward to the 2019 season.

osborne

Awesome news BJ. Thanks for posting here and setting up the web site. There are a few of us that dont do the social media. I'm glad to see VORRA back.

y2kbaja

Laura is for sure killing it with social media. Daniel is doing great with the website and the social media link on the website is a great touch.
People always said to my dad all you have to do is show up and wave the green flag. They are so wrong. It is way more work putting on the races than it is racing them with a 10-car team. It's never ending. Thanks BJ and Laura for carrying on the tradition. Can't wait for the season to start!

Russmurphy74

I used to race Vorra when it was in its prime.
I’m glad to hear and see it making a big come back. I see someone posting something Vorra on my news feed practically every day now. Your doing a great job. I will be bringing multiple race cars to your opening race on May 25 and 26 at Wild West motorsports park.
It sounds like it will have a huge turn out.

Anger Issues

Glad to hear BJ. I think Fallon is 7 or so hours away from our rigs in Idaho. Looking forward to getting out there and hoping for a good showing by some 4x4's like Raffo and Moss! :p