Vorra Race Fallon 250 7-17-20

Hello,

I’m a new racer registered for the Vorra Fallon 250. This will be our first race in the Pro Stock Turbo class. Racing a stock 2019 CanAm X3 Maverick. Been a lifelong dream after spending much of my childhood in San Filipe. We are a group of 4 guys who have been friends for over 15 years looking for a good time and to dip our feet into racing. Btw we have no idea what we are doing and slowly figuring it out.

Anyone else here planning on racing the Fallon 250?

Thanks,

Derek
Parsons Race Team

y2kbaja

I’ll be racing class 9 in the utv moto (they’re running the 9 and 11’s with the utv’s).

crafty

No better organization to start with! My vintage truck is still on jack stands but the family and I will be there with a class 8 and a 7 truck.

So we are trying to figure out how much gas to bring. It’s 42 mile laps and I think we are running 4 laps according to BJ. The CanAm tank is 10 gallons stock. My CanAm X3 Maverick is the base model 120hp turbo. I’m thinking it might burn 5-6 gallons a lap. Anyone else have any advice?

Thanks,

Derek

43mod

Just be safe. You will never really be ready,kinda like having kids. Yerrington was my first race. Finishing one lap was a victory. Finishing the race was hard to believe. Finish line guys said i was the first person they ever had do donuts when finished. Good times w vorra for sure.

y2kbaja

Don’t forget your fueling safety: mats, extinguisher, suit and helmet for the feulers.

y2kbaja

Fueling safety has been in place with NV BLM for a few years now.

jackassracing89

As for Vorra, yes some of this is new. Fuelers must were some type a fire suit and helmet. Fuel containment mats have been in place for several years. ( Ie tarps, although some type of a absorbent must be used to soak up any fuel left on mat =diapers work great.)

AngryShawn

Am I correct in the suspicion that the fueling rules (suit and helmet specifically) are for moto competitors as well?

mig29

Hello,

I’m a new racer registered for the Vorra Fallon 250. This will be our first race in the Pro Stock Turbo class. Racing a stock 2019 CanAm X3 Maverick. Been a lifelong dream after spending much of my childhood in San Filipe. We are a group of 4 guys who have been friends for over 15 years looking for a good time and to dip our feet into racing. Btw we have no idea what we are doing and slowly figuring it out.

Anyone else here planning on racing the Fallon 250?

Thanks,

Derek
Parsons Race Team
See attachment, there is a tiered speed zone (entering & leaving) in Mina/NV (Hwy 95, south of Fallon) -- 40mph, then 25 mph..back up to 40 mph. Obvious trap -- follow the speeds, or else

Cops are there with radar (in vehicle) to skim $$ off un-suspecting travelers. In mid August 2017, I saw 2 other vehicles (white pickup going to 2017 Vegas to Reno, family in gray mini van) pulled over. Got nailed myself, total BS..

Attachments