• Forum membership has its advantages....

VORRA race wishes...

DirtDgr

The most fun race I ever did, even with not finishing, to date was the 2012 VORRA USA 500 out of Fernley. Perfect mix of terrain. Pits worked out great I thought. Got to break out the lights on the car. Just a really fun event.

With the new promoters, taking over adding a healthy amount of entries, what are the chances we could have this awesome race once again someday?

Last edited:

MasTacos

I recommend you give Dave Cole a call and ask him. He's very accessible (although he's not a big contributor to forums) and very transparent.

I doubt that we'd see a USA-500 in the format/location since my understanding was that part of that land was owned by Rodger Norman and BLM permits have run their course but I think the question is still very much worth asking since it will highlight the level of interest in VORRA races.

Samco Fab

The two USA 500's that were run by Vorra north of Fernley and Lovelock were not on Norman's land. You are thinking of the HDRA/SCORE race that was run on Norman's USA Parkway land. The terrain was very different for those two races, the VORRA USA 500 was 150 mile loops, very cool fast stuff kind of like Vegas to Reno. I wish they did that race again, they were 2011 and 2012.

burninfuel

The most fun race I ever did, even with not finishing, to date was the 2012 VORRA USA 500 out of Fernley. Perfect mix of terrain. Pits worked out great I thought. Got to break out the lights on the car. Just a really fun event.

With the new promoters, taking over adding a healthy amount of entries, what are the chances we could have this awesome race once again someday?

We pulled off your front valance and got you going again.
we didn't hear you exit the big dip, thought you pogo'd into the front end. extra big fuel cell under the hood

DirtDgr

We pulled off your front valance and got you going again.
we didn't hear you exit the big dip, thought you pogo'd into the front end. extra big fuel cell under the hood

Wasn't us. Our cell is in the back. Probably the Dingos. There cell is in the front, or was then.

We had intermittent motor issues during the day at the Fernley one. Thought it was fixed. Thought it was ignition related. Finally it just wouldn't run anymore a couple miles from Pit 2 on the last loop at 2 am.

Turns out it was our valve retainers were crumbling. When we tore into them they fell out in pieces.

At the Yerington 500 we broke too. Something in the front I think. It was at the big dip! Now I remember! I think....My dad and Bob Messer were in the car. Ya that dip was tough in an 11! It probably was us. That was a bummer.

9Iron

Halloween Race, if you're thinking about it.
Send in your pre-reg form, before the fifteenth.
They're making plans, check out the F/B site.

Yerington. Yerington for sure needs to come back to VORRA. It was a family tradition for what seems like forever.