vorra racers

NORCALf150

Reaction
any of you guys that race prairie city would you mind sharing an average lap time, would like to hear from you 7 truck drivers im curious to compare them to my truck. jeff, billy, curt? can anyone chime in

curt

Reaction
It really depends on the track but I think our fastest was 1:12. Last practice day Patty was pulling 1:18's I think.Scott Peterson qualified last year with like a 1:03 one time in his buggy ..Curt

BRBoudreaux

Reaction
I regularly pull an average of 52 seconds a lap...........................

Oh wait, that be on the 'puter game...........

NORCALf150

Reaction
well was there today, track was very hardpack (like it always is) but the east and west turns were very nasty i could not go into them at speed for fear of hitting a rutt from a super swamper and landing on my lid ..haha...i was running the track down the big jump and from a dead stop at the flaggers box all the way around average was a 1:30 and thats letting off for the jump on the back straight away before the east turn and braking hard before the big corner.... overall a very hot day and had a lota fun...james

J_Dog

Reaction
I'll have to look, but I think when we first bought the truck and started testing we were in the mid 1:20's. I think we have qualified in the 1:18 range. Both of those times are without anyone esle on the track, which makes a huge difference. Patty, Billy, and Fred Calosso are definitely faster than us, probably a lot closer to 1:10 or a little less at times. I want to see Billy's new motor in action and what kind of times he will turn with it.

NORCALf150

Reaction
yeah i keep seeing these huge images of roost coming from the rear of that ford ranger in my head.......should be fun to drive

billymanfroy

Reaction
Curt's right it really makes a difference how the track is prepped. From a stop in a street truck that sounds pretty good. I attached a pic of the engine as it arrived. (Dirty)

I didn't get any times from practice the first race of the year when the track was like a big ol' freeway, but I can guarantee you it was under 1:10. I have never gone that fast there before or since. Once the racing started it roughed up and seemed to come back closer to normal.

When that guy Broc Ross came down last year and SPANKED us all, he turned a 1:14 for a qualifying lap. THAT WAS HIS FIRST LAP EVER. He didn't practice. I've got video of him, but I can't remember what his times were during the race. There was a Class 8 truck there who qualified at 1:18. Can't remember his name for some stupid reason, but that guy was a regular and was blown away like everyone else at how fast Broc was.

My goal is to get under 1:10 on a consistent basis. We are turning 1:12-1:13s on average now. I really hope it'll go closer to 1:05 like the buggies, but I'd rather be realistic than disappointed. You shouldn't really compare trucks and buggies anyways, but it'd sure be nice to be that fast. Come to think of it, I'd rather finish every race than worry about how fast we are/aren't!!!

We're finding out this week what we need for the new engine. If it's too ridiculous, we may have to wait until next year to run it. Our goal was to have it at one or both of the short course races, but we'll have to play it by ear.

Attachments

• 64211-Mvc-011s.jpg
    64211-Mvc-011s.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 195

billymanfroy

Reaction
Here's a lap time/MPH chart for PC. I think the track is normally about .9 miles long.

Attachments

• 64213-PC_Laptimes.xls
    25 KB · Views: 156

NORCALf150

Reaction
yea 1:30 was the fastest i turned and was pushing hard, iam gonna go back the monday after the next race seeing that thats the closest i will see the track to race conditions and run, next time ill have to bring someone to spot for me around the bottom of the hill , was too afraid of punting someone off the course, just a another question for you guys, which way do you perfer racing the course down the finish line or up???

curt

Reaction
That really depends on the driver, I'm more comfortable racing counterclockwise so when I'm in the hairpins I'm leading with the passengers door when slideways
but Patty likes the other way and she's a couple of seconds faster going clockwise. As for individual sections I'd rather jump uphill at Start Finish than downhill since to me it feels more in control and it's easier to slow down uphill than downhill. It's not just the track, I've always had the same issues of speed uphill and downhill on my CR500, it's a control feeling thing....The lap times I was referring to we're rolling laps not from a dead stop, so 1:30 is pretty good and in the range of what we're running.....Curt

billymanfroy

Reaction
James,

I know you've never seen him drive, but here's the only advice my brother Johnny gives when people ask how he drives so fast:

"Loosen up the crotch belt."

I guess it wouldn't really apply to Patty or Curt's CR, but I thought it was appropriate. Just don't forget you're driving the thing home!!!

BIlly

NORCALf150

Reaction
yea that thought always wieghs in the back of my mind, i try to do bolth have fun and then drive home