• Forum membership has its advantages....

VORRA teams with ULTRA4 froup! 2016 and beyond....

DirtDgr

VORRA is pleased to finally be able to announce that it will be joining forces with Hammerking Productions.

Hammerking Productions are the creators, organizers, and promoters of the ULTRA4 Racing Series, the iconic King of the Hammers off road race, and ULTRA4 Europe.

This development has forced us to make a number of changes to the proposed schedule for 2016. The first round of racing scheduled for March 12-13 is being delayed until April. More announcements will be released in the days to follow, but with 6 races still planned for this year take advantage of the extra time to prep your vehicle for what certainly will be a challenging season. We expect to have final approval of the revised dates on Monday Feb 29.

DirtDgr

2016 Schedule (Revised 2-26-16 Pending Parks Final Approval 2-29-16)
SPRING SHORT COURSE

4/30-5/1 Short Course Race @ Prairie City OHV Park Rancho Cordova, CA

DESERT RACE

5/28-5/29 225 mile Desert Race, Hawthorne, NV

SUMMER SHORT COURSE

7/16-7/17 Short Course Race @ Wild West Motorsports Park Reno, NV

DESERT RACE

9/3-9/4 250 mile Desert Race, Fallon NV

FALL SHORT COURSE

9/24-9/25 Short Course Race @ Prairie City OHV Park Rancho Cordova, CA

10/29-10/30 Short Course Race @ Prairie City OHV Park Rancho Cordova, CA

DirtDgr

Not sure what all will happen but hopefully things are looking up for VORRA!

Can't wait until we get more info.

y2kbaja

I'm looking forward to a new season under new owners. I haven't raced a VORRA race since 2012? and my own car since 1999. We took our vintage NORRA winner and put a ball joint beam on it, ready for class 9.

y2kbaja

Look forward to it Dave. Unfortunately us keyboard racers don't use the phone.

y2kbaja

Is this the press release? I found it buried in another thread that wasn't worth reading.

Hammerking Productions Acquires Valley Off Road Racing Association

Hammerking Productions Inc., the organization behind King of The Hammers and ULTRA4 Racing is partnering with Nor Cal Rock Rock Racing in the purchase of Valley Off Road Racing Association (VORRA). VORRA was established in 1975 and has organized such iconic desert races as the Fallon 250 and the Yerington 300. Wes Harbor, John Goodby and Dave Cole, promoters and CEOs for VORRA, Nor Cal Rock Racing and Hammerking respectively, solidified their agreement earlier this week.

Following a successful co-promotion of the 2015 Fallon 250, where Hammerking and VORRA staff collaborated to create the largest Fallon 250 in history, both organizations were excited about the possibility of working together. Cole and Harbor will coordinate on the desert races and Goodby will be adding additional days and heats to Nor Cal Rock Racing's current short course schedule to include VORRA teams and classes not currently racing in Nor Cal Rock Racing events.

"Some of my earliest desert racing experiences were with VORRA." explained Hammerking's Dave Cole, who went on to say, "VORRA has been around for 40 years and is one of the oldest off road racing organizations in the United States. They celebrate grass roots racing, and the majority of our ULTRA4 teams are grass roots racers. I'm excited to see VORRA's traditions continue and grow, while also giving ULTRA4 teams new opportunities for desert racing in the US."

The 3 promoters have been hard at work merging 2016 schedules, as well as accommodating the differences in classes. VORRA hosts a variety of traditional desert racing classes from Class 1 - Class 1600, as well as Full Metal and Mini Metal classes and UTVs. Whereas, ULTRA4 Racing and Nor Cal Rock Racing has been focused more on ULTRA4s 4400-4800 and UTV classes. Below is a full 2016 schedule for both VORRA and Nor Cal Rock Racing.

2016 VORRA Schedule:
April 29th - May 1st - Prairie City SVRA - combined with Nor Cal Rock Racing
May 29th - Hawthorne
July 15th - July 17th - Wild West Motorsports Park - combined with Nor Cal Rock Racing
Sept. 3rd- 4th - Fallon 250 - combined with ULTRA4 Racing
Sept. 23rd-25th - Prairie City SVRA - Combined with Nor Cal Rock Racing

The format for events combined with Nor Cal Rock Racing will be as follows
Friday afternoon- Practice and Registration
Saturday- Prelims
Sunday- Finals only

jcarius

I can't tell you how thrilled I was to see that Dave Cole has stepped in with VORRA. The experience and leadership he has shown with Ultra 4 is exactly what VORRA needs.

My heartfelt congratulations to all the VORRA racers!

Brian Mc

My family and I went to the race at Wild West park with three race rigs, a Trophy lite, 450 trophy kart, and a jr 1 trophy kart all for my wife, 16yr old daughter and 12yr old daughter to race. Dave Cole said they welcomed trophy karts. At the race registration when asked ages apparently you have to be over the age of 16..... Who at the age of 16 would want to race a jr 1 kart...... So we watched the race and supported some friends racing the event. We were not welcomed! In fact the other part of the two promoters said the only reason they wanted vorra was for the short course events, and to eliminate vorra all together!
So we returned to Olympia Washington and pondered how and why this went down at our first vorra event.

Thanks for reading
Brian Mc

DirtDgr

My family and I went to the race at Wild West park with three race rigs, a Trophy lite, 450 trophy kart, and a jr 1 trophy kart all for my wife, 16yr old daughter and 12yr old daughter to race. Dave Cole said they welcomed trophy karts. At the race registration when asked ages apparently you have to be over the age of 16..... Who at the age of 16 would want to race a jr 1 kart...... So we watched the race and supported some friends racing the event. We were not welcomed! In fact the other part of the two promoters said the only reason they wanted vorra was for the short course events, and to eliminate vorra all together!
So we returned to Olympia Washington and pondered how and why this went down at our first vorra event.

Thanks for reading
Brian Mc

Bummer to hear you traveled all that way to get turned down!

Hopefully the rumor of them eliminating VORRA is false!

DirtDgr

This is from Dave Cole in the VORRA forum.

"It is my fault there hasnt been more communication. I did NOT buy Vorra for the short course racing. I bought it because I didnt want it to go away. I promote Off Road races for a living. I race in the dirt because it is my passion. I recreate in the dirt because it's what we do.

Here is the blunt truth.

I have overextended myself. I have overextended my team.

I initially began discussions with Wes and Jenny two years ago..before I get sick. After recovering from Cancer last year, I made the decision to follow through on the acquisition. From a business standpoint, Fallon is one of my races on the Ultra4 Series and I believed that there IS a niche in this market for the grass roots desert racer.

While recovering from Cancer last year I heaped a ton of pressure on my staff (On the Ultra4 side of things). I have been reluctant to throw the responsibilities of VORRA on their shoulders now. In short, you never realize how much people do for you till you are doing it yourself.

None of this is an excuse. It is just the facts.

Fallon is happening. We are racing on Saturday. VORRA classes will race in the morning race with the Limited Class Ultra4 cars and the Unlimited Ultra4s will race in the afternoon/evening.

It will be roughly the same schedule as last year. We are talking to Stockmans now to see what our involvement will be with them.

We are doing Live Coverage of the race

We are shooting for our TV Series on NBC Sports. All classes will be shot.

If anyone has questions, you can call me directly on my cell. I will try to follow the forums more closely."

909 273 0216