Vorra Vintage truck class

flyingford

Reaction
Not sure if anyone would be interested in doing it but my dad and I were wondering if anyone would be interested in trying to get a vintage off road class together. We have a 66 ford bronco that raced between the early 70's to the mid 90's. It was a crowd favorite in VORRA and even raced in the Mint 400 in the 70's. I know there are a ton of vintage off road trucks out there and would love to try to get a class together. Who knows it would be awsome to get big guys out there like robby gordon and the hay hauler, or big oly out there but i doubt that would happen. I would like to try to get a class together for a short course race at prarrie city with VORRA!!
Let me know if you would be interested and pass the word out.
Thanks
Carl O'Connor

John F2000

Reaction
A vintage class would be a great idea. Other racing organizations successfully run them, from can-am to drag racing, including motocross, why not off road cars.

flyingford

Reaction
You guys know anyone who has a car who would be interested I would love to talk to people who have vintage cars and try to organize it some so I can forward it to the promoter. The general rule is that you need 3 cars to make a class so I only need 2 people to confirm and we can do this!!! the race I would be planning on getting it ready for would be in october. Let me know!!!!

funtimes

Reaction
My Blazer is ready to go, and would love to race a short course. Make sure it does not conflict with Lucas or Torc. We raced it in Crandon last year and it brought back great memories.

flyingford

Reaction
What year is your blazer. What kind of history does it have. I would love for you to come. The race would be the 10- 11 october or 31 october and 1 november.

funtimes

Reaction
built in 1980 in Denver Colo. Races won- Riverside class 3-14 1984-5-6, Pikes peak Hill Climb 1988, Crandon 1988, Parker 400 1989, Pike peak Meadows 1980, and many races in the midwest.

John F2000

Reaction
Not to side track the thread, but regarding establishing a class there is a rule book for vintage off road at www.norra.com for the mexican 1000 rally in sept.

Brutpwr

Reaction
Well what exactly consists of vintage cause our truck is old but its been updated over the years lol. We could come out and try and set a new lap record! We just need to get an engine built so we can run it again...

flyingford

Reaction
I would say you would have to have a build date no later than 1980 and it would have to have some sort of history to it. I know the history can be hard to prove but i think its important. I would love for it to be more of a classic run what you brung class.