Vorra Yerington 300 May 25 - 27 Group-t side bet

BAJA OR BUST

Group-t is a pro class at vorra and it is a mix of trucks that range from class 8 trucks ,7200 trucks and 1450 trucks...Right now there is 10 trucks pre-entered for the Yerinton 300 .Enty fee is $600+$50 membership fee and $200 is put into pay back for the race winnings

So im putting together a side bet for group-t . Its a $100 buy in and winner takes all!!!!! There will be a sign up sheet and a place to put your money in at registration.... if you dont sign up and put your money in you will not be eligible for the winnings so be sure to sign if you want too .....

More info on the race is at www.vorra.net

Samco Fab

I am in!!

Should be a good race for sure, there are a bunch of trucks that will be competitive for the win.

Dirty Harry

Good deal Jake! I heard that Factory Ride is throwing in $100 to the winner as well, should be a nice payday for someone.

LoveZRaces

This is shaping up to be a great race! Our pre-entries look great, pre-registration closes on Wednesday so be sure to get signed up so you can be entered in the drawing for starting positions.

In addition to the Group T side bet we have received another sponsor for overall purse money. A big Thank you to Anytime Fitness of Yerington for their generous donation of $1000 to the overall winner!

Looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend!

BAJA OR BUST

I want to thank every body that put in on the bet!!!!!We had a $1000 dollars to give to the frist place winners!!!! Congaratulation to Chris and Don Greman on the frist place finish in Group-t and the winners of the bet....Also want to thank Factory ride clothing for donating a $100 dollars to the pot and 33Black clothing company for also donating a $100 dollars to the bet. I want to thank every body that came out for thr race it was an awsome weekend also want to thanks Vorra for everthing they do to make such great race!!!!!

Samco Fab

Our week leading up to the Y town 300 was busy to say the least. We were behind the curve on starting the 7272 prep, and that put us late on finishing. We got her ready with a few upgrades just in time to test at 4:45 am the same day as tech. We managed to get some great video footage with the new 33 Black wrap, but that put us too far behind to pre run.

To add to our situation, our radio worked, except to talk to our pit guys. We could hear and communicate with other teams, but not ours somehow. I suppose our attempt to reduce alternator whine also reduced our radio to uselessness. Our gps also would not recognize the course map, but it was a really great voltmeter. We were racing old school.

Cody Bullock with Zane Bullock co dawgin it started the race mid pack, with a viscous pack of fast guys right behind him. This years pack of Group T trucks was pretty stacked with over ten starters and at least five front runners. Cody ran a flawless first three laps, and handed the truck over to myself and Nicolai Caviglia with a splash of fuel in a great position to win the race. It is difficult to exactly tell who is leading due to the long / short lap configuration of the Y town course, but we were up in the lead pack.

Midway through my first lap, we noticed our voltage had dropped to 12.4 V, we turned everything off except our expensive voltmeter and the trans fan. Turning the radio off did not seem to affect our communication at all, and we were a bit tepid due to the lack of parker pumper. Pulling into our pit with 12 Volts left, we were expecting an alternator change, which is not very quick due to our configuration.

Our team was awesome, diagnosing a broken eyelet on the charge wire and fixing it in 7 minutes. This kept us in the hunt. We left off to complete lap 4 , and upon starting lap 5 the engine started to cut out....we were running out of fuel. On all previous races, the truck could go 300 miles without fueling, we put 10 gallons in to be safe. We have a newer cylinder head on the truck with larger valves, but no difference in the tune. We knew it was running rich, but looking at it in hindsight we were getting 2.8 MPG, not the 4.5 we were expecting.

Luckily Lou with Team Margarita loaned us 5 gallons of fuel, then we ran around and got 8 gallons of Bruce Fields gas at Pro Pit. This got us back to our pit for a couple more dump cans of premium that were hustled back to Samco main.

On the last lap we were informed by a makeshift pit sign that we were 14 minutes down from the leaders, later we caught a pack of Group T's, but while being faster, were unable to close the deal and pass. We run fast in clean air, but our low power makes it harder to pass closely matched running trucks. The finish order was already set though, we were 3rd behind a couple of really great trucks and really great teams. I am proud to run competitively with teams like the Germans and LaRosa / Ebberts. Those guys have great machines and are great competitors.

I am prouder even of our great team. We overcame obstacles, and without our downtime we would be contending for victory. No flats on our BFG's, big thanks to them and of course to the Vorrateers. On that note... Vorra Group T is no joke, it is easily becoming as competitive as any class in larger series. The side bet was a grand, and now Don German's retirement account is in better shape for it.

Thanks also to our sponsors, 33 Black, Bayshore Truck and WIPI. The truck has never looked better, we will have video soon.

Fun weekend, thank you to friends and family for all your support over the race weekend and thank you Vorra for putting on another awesome race. Truck class was stacked and Don, Steve, and Sam were very fast. Koenig and Povey had some minor problems but showed how to finish. NorCal Dirt Crew had a good weekend with a 4th in class T, a 1st in class 9, and still waiting to see how Evel did in sportsman as he showed grit getting truck back on coarse after a big roll. congrat's to all competitors that showed up to support our sport. Thanks to our sponsor's.... Fox, BF Goodrich, Rigid Industries, vehicle wraps, NorCal Motor Company.

NC*DC #1412 #1969 #7251 #8069 #9005

Samco Fab

Fun weekend, thank you to friends and family for all your support over the race weekend and thank you Vorra for putting on another awesome race. Truck class was stacked and Don, Steve, and Sam were very fast. Koenig and Povey had some minor problems but showed how to finish. NorCal Dirt Crew had a good weekend with a 4th in class T, a 1st in class 9, and still waiting to see how Evel did in sportsman as he showed grit getting truck back on coarse after a big roll. congrat's to all competitors that showed up to support our sport. Thanks to our sponsor's.... Fox, BF Goodrich, Rigid Industries, vehicle wraps, NorCal Motor Company.

NC*DC #1412 #1969 #7251 #8069 #9005

It was good racing with you guys, your truck is a really nice truck, looks and sounds great! Group T is really competitive, you cant really have any down time and win, that shows how healthy the class is.

mikerd400

Group T is really competitive, you cant really have any down time and win, that shows how healthy the class is.
Exactly Sam! Our fuel line glitch cost us, and with no down time between the top 4 trucks, we couldn't close the gap between the leaders. That's racing though!!

Thanks Sam, we're pumped to compete with you guys. I think it will be fun and should be close to the end, we got to do our homework and get faster.

Samco Fab

Exactly Sam! Our fuel line glitch cost us, and with no down time between the top 4 trucks, we couldn't close the gap between the leaders. That's racing though!!
We had a fuel problem too, and an alternator charge wire problem that put us down about 15 minutes. I really want to see lap times.

y2kbaja

Here is my rendition of the lap times. I cross checked it with the results that were posted yesterday and I'm only off by a few seconds. I took this off the board that Wes read off at the awards. The final column is the official elapsed time. I was missing a few lap times in the sportsman class.
Disclaimer: not the official word, for entertainment only, but it's damn close. Enjoy.

Attachments

y2kbaja

Here it is in a PDF, can print on 8x11 legal, print it small.

Attachments

Samco Fab

Thanks Troy, that looked like a lot of work to put together. I tried to add some rep, but i must have gave you some not to long ago...

Alchemy R&D

Here is my rendition of the lap times. I cross checked it with the results that were posted yesterday and I'm only off by a few seconds. I took this off the board that Wes read off at the awards. The final column is the official elapsed time. I was missing a few lap times in the sportsman class.
Disclaimer: not the official word, for entertainment only, but it's damn close. Enjoy.
Troy,

Do you have the full metal times? I didn't see them on the PDF

Thanks