• Forum membership has its advantages....

VORRA'S Silver State Forklift Fallon 250

jackassracing89

This race may very well be the biggest Vorra race ever. We have added Dirt bikes and Quads to this years race. I have set it up for 3 individual races. Bike and Quads race early on Saturday morning. The later morning race will consist of Stock UTV's, class 11, 9, Vintage classes and sportsman. Finally in late afternoon and running into the evening races will include the Pro UTV's and Unlimited classes. It's going to be close to 18 hours of racing. Head over to vorraracing.com to see the full schedule.

DirtDgr

Cant wait! 1600 in afternoon race!

y2kbaja

2 weeks out. Over 50 pre-entries. This will be one of VORRA's biggest races.

y2kbaja

Some New Rules. No open Pre-running. Read below from BJ:

We are getting close! Over 50 pre-entries for the Silver State Forklift Fallon 250, and it’s only going to get bigger!

This race is getting huge. Possibly the biggest VORRA race ever! And being it’s our (Laura and B.j.) first desert race, BLM considers it a probationary race. Meaning, any major violations, track cutting, fires, fuel spills, trash left out, fireworks, you name it.... will jeopardize future VORRA races. Our BLM contact is great. Seriously, he’s going above and beyond for us! However, there are some things bigger than him. So we really, really hope everyone can and will be on our best behavior.

-Prerunning. Sad to say, but the days of open prerunning are over...
We are being restricted to one guided pre-run lap, starting at the start/finish line. The lap will begin at 10am Friday morning. All prerunners will need to sign a release form, and document the type of vehicle being used. I know this is not ideal, but this is the game we must play. Violators of this rule will face penalty’s, with disqualification a consideration.

-Fuel containment. We need at the minimum, a tarp laid down prior to filling with fuel. In the event of a spill, the fuel must be soaked up. The easiest is diapers. If fuel is spilled onto the ground, that soil or sand must be dug up and disposed of properly.

-This is a closed course. Recovery will be handled by VORRA chase rigs and brought to the closest access point or checkpoint. Welding of any kind is restricted to the checkpoint or start/finish. Fires of any sort are restricted to above ground pits. Fire extinguishers must be in every pit and on every race car. No exceptions.

-Drones. The Fallon course takes place in restricted air space due to the naval base. Any and all media must sign in during registration and sign a waiver. Any media looking to fly a drone must possess a drone certification or license. Any other drone use may result in penalty’s associated with said team.
That’s it for now, but will make further updates as necessary. We hope you all can understand the position we’re in. We truly hate having to be fun suckers.

Please take a moment to spread this info.
Thank you!

jackassracing89

The amount of entries and people stepping up this week is GREAT! At this point we have over 5k in overall purse money thanks to some great sponsors. That number does not include the normal class payouts as well. We are over 60 pre entries! If you havent yet, head over to the VORRA racing on Facebook and Instagram for Daily updates.!

Last edited:

DirtDgr

Looks like it is going to be a hot one! Stay hydrated!

jackassracing89

No doubt about that. Vorra will have ice chests with water at the start finish line for anyone in need.
Race is one week from today.
Pre registration closed last night. 93 pre entries!!!! It's going to be a epic day of racing

Last edited:

y2kbaja

Life is just too much in the way to race this one. I can be there sat/sunday and maybe monday if you need another helper i am in.
The race is Saturday but Sunday I'm sure we could use the help cleaning up course markers or getting light towers and port potty's out of the desert from the Check Points.

y2kbaja

Looks like it is going to be a hot one! Stay hydrated!
In the parking lot at Stockman's my truck said it was 112 Sunday 7/21. It was at least in the 120's standing outside on the blacktop.

y2kbaja

No doubt about that. Vorra will have ice chests with water at the start finish line for anyone in need.
Race is one week from today.
Pre registration closed last night. 93 pre entries!!!! It's going to be a epic day of racing
We're gonna need the water at tech and reg!

43mod

anyone along the i5 corridor North of Sacramento going to this race ? Oregon guys coming down today or tomorrow ? Please get hold of me before you get too far from hwy 20 are if you can. 530 682 7037 Russ