Voss TT Burn Pics

scottm

Reaction
Hope everyone was OK, the truck will buff out...

J.COLEMAN

Reaction
Thats sucks! Very unfortunate...

dbedy

Reaction
Is this the same truck that was in the Voss Motorsports Testing video that was posted last week?!!
I hope not. What a bummer!

JWK Motorsports

Reaction
Is this the same truck that was in the Voss Motorsports Testing video that was posted last week?!!
I hope not. What a bummer!
definantly was. thats gotta be the worst feeling in the world. build a new truck, destroyed first race... :(

OR2BAJA

Reaction
Dude!!!!! No F'n way!!! That is the worse thing I have seen in a long time! What caused the fire? Electrical? Just as long as everyone is ok!!!

TauMau

Reaction
Thats freakin lame!
Was it builder error or driver? (NOT trying to start anything)
Maybe I'm just naive, but it seems to me the only two options should be builder error or part failure. I'm under the impression that if built properly, there isn't anything a driver can do (within reason!) that could be blamed for a fire like this. Should be able to toss it...slam it...drive it through a brick wall and still not have to worry about a fire. Thoughts?

Of course this is coming from someone who couldn't fabricate a paper weight...

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
Reaction
... can something like this even be fixed or is the truck chassis totally destroyed due to fire/heat?

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
Reaction
it was bad luck... driver couldnt do anything builder didnt do anything wrong. maybe the transmission vents were mounted wrong but thats about it...

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
That really really stinks.....I know the entire DA was pumped up about battling with them at the Mil......I am so very sad about this......

buddy crisp

Reaction
Does Voss still have their other truck? maybe they will race that at the Mil....... Sure is a bummer deal for the team. Thank goodness the drivers and co-dawgs are getting out of these little carbques!!!

Matt D

Boy Toy
Reaction
That really really stinks.....I know the entire DA was pumped up about battling with them at the Mil......I am so very sad about this......
Yeah this really sucks, my first race EVER driving I broke a rear shock tower and we forgot a welder and Jason let me use theres to get back in the race. I hope the chassis isnt destroyed and they can get it back together and racing

idealer

Reaction
man this sucks I just went and re-checked all my lines and ended up re-routing my vent line after seeing this...

M

memin.pinguine

I build a Trophy Truck list on Puro Off Road at the moment and wrote all Teams info requests on their trucks - below is original statement Jason Voss in email to me:

This is a brand new truck that we just built. It has only been raced once just last weekend at the Bilek 300. However the truck did catch fire and burnt pretty bad. We will have it rebuilt for the Baja 1000 this year.

McNeilRacing

Reaction
i just vomited in my ,mouth a lil bit, that makes me sick 2 see this, very horrible ordile, glad every 1 is ok