VW Clutch problem

JOSH

Reaction
Here is the deal, 1835CC VW in a two seat high jumper chassis with a Rancho Pro Sand Box

The clutch will not disengage, we just put in a new slave and that didn’t do it. Took the clutch out, all looks fine, no abnormal wear, plates still have life on them. Anyone have any ideas? Just curious, I don’t have a problem with buying a new clutch, just want to know why it’s not working.

Thanks

Josh

1992f150

Reaction
did you make any changes before it stopped working, or did it just break while you were offroading?

michael_loomis

Reaction
is there pressure going to the slave ? is it working correctly ? lol ive seen them in backwards , and they dont work so well
is it entirely bled .. if it has air in it , it may work when disconnected , but not under load.

AllwaysRcn

Reaction
Might have the wrong throwout bearing assy. May need a different style which requires you to remove the center piece of the pressure plate (for clearance).

JOSH

Reaction
They funny thing is everything worked fine when i took it apart, I had to replace the trans, didnt touch the clutch, unless rancho gave me the wrong throw-out back, but it fits in just like it should.

AllwaysRcn

Reaction
that's exactly what happened to me. new transmission w/new case=different throwout configuration.

Wayne_Nosala

Reaction
Is it swing axle or IRS?
Some throw out setups require a "ring" on the pressure plate. some
some have a guide ring on the bell housing side, one is not compatible with the
other, maybe a picture posted of the
pressure plate & bell housing would be the easiest way to solve the problem here.

BitorPerformance

Reaction
All you need to do is check the throwout bearing shaft if you need to use the bearing with the attached clips then no spacer on the pressure plate is requiered, but if the bearing uses the clips that are not attached to the bearing u do need a spacer