Walker Evans 1987 Dodge Dakota Restoration

Blood Eagle

Class Act
Reaction
Wouldn't that be a good idea...
View attachment 178393
@ Centerline Images

This is a great image and I have also seen great old images from Centerline Photo in Rory's other thread about the 001. Sorry this doesn't have anything to do with the thread but I recently googled Centerline Photo to see some old offroad pics but they don't seem to have a website. Is this still an active company? Any contact info? Sorry to derail.

Mark Newhan

Reaction
Really! If your going to do that why not go with the Hellcat engine?

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Packaging. Plus I run a TH400 with a custom made adapter plate to the small block dodge. I'd rather loose the adapter plate and run a simpler mid plate.

harleys dad

Reaction
Not sure about the year or if this even the same truck ( cause the guy posting the vid says its 91 ) but this might be the wreck you were talking about .

On another note wouldn't be cool to get Walker and Ivan to start both trucks for the race .
I was about 100 feet from that crash, couldnt believe it. They say the steering broke but I say he went into the turn entirly to hot and climbed the bank maybe then breaking the steering. He was a mile ahead and in full bore mode, he flat blew it, no other way to say it

sb4pro

Reaction
I was about 100 feet from that crash, couldnt believe it. They say the steering broke but I say he went into the turn entirly to hot and climbed the bank maybe then breaking the steering. He was a mile ahead and in full bore mode, he flat blew it, no other way to say it
So is the date right on the vid cause I'm thinking not

Reaction
I think the crash happened in '87, IIRC. I was standing in the infield to the north, shooting photos.

But it could have also been '88...

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
I think the crash happened in '87, IIRC. I was standing in the infield to the north, shooting photos.

But it could have also been '88...

1987 was the year of the crash.

La Tijereta

Reaction
This one happened in 87' along the fence down in the infield..
1987.Riverside.Evans.800.dakota.03.21x.jpg

@ Centerline Images

bentrod

Reaction
I loved this truck from the 1st time I saw it. I bought a Dakota in Dec. 86. Saw this run at Riverside and crawled all over it at an ORV show in 87. The original engine was a B1 headed big block. I tried for years to find out what happened to this truck after Walker quit racing it and came up with nothing. Glad to see that it came home and is gonna get used. While I understand the LS motor to go racing, it deserves another Mopar big block eventually.

Mojave Traveler

Reaction
I was in the grandstands straight across from where Evans went into the wall at Riverside in '87.It caught fire as it barrel rolled down hill.I still have that race on vhs tape, recorded off ESPN..lol.. Here's a couple pics of the Dakota at various races and places.

1988 GoldCoast 300

100_8110.JPG

1988 Mint 400..Racing Scoop off the line..Very windy and dusty that day..If i remember correctly, the race had to be canceled.

100_8111.JPG

1988 Baja 1000..Near Cohabuzo Junction.

100_8121.JPG

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
This truck is currently up for sale, waiting on the ad for approval. If anyone is "Seriously" interested, please call me directly and I can give you everything I know about the truck. I'm brokering the deal for Cody and would like to see this truck go to someone who WON'T cut it up. This truck will be worth more the closer it is to original than it would be morphed into something else. Current price is $29,500. Do we have any takers?!?!?!?!?

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
Any pics post 1995? ;)

1536796180557.png

Here it is racing a few years ago. The body was sent out and been fixed, re-fiber-glassed in spots and primered, ready for paint. If it were me I would re-hang the body so the lines match up a little better. I think they might have knocked off a fender or two over the years and didn't spend too much time making it look purdy. On a side note, all the molds for the fiberglass are included!