Walker Evans Racing Wheels

motoxscott

Reaction
Just thought I'd pass this on as I found it on my internet travels tonight.

Anyone have any feedback about them?

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.walkerevansracing.com/wheels.html>http://www.walkerevansracing.com/wheels.html</A>

Bryan_D

Reaction
I kinda like them since they are somewhat different. The twisted look to the center is kinda cool and at 285 with the beadlock thats not that bad either.

Jeep this Oval Boys

Brian Mapes

Reaction
Those look pretty tight, how one spoke overlaps the other.

You gots to pay da cost to be da boss. - Snoop

SpareChangeRacng

Reaction
One question - why is everyone doing cast stuff? It seems a forged version would be so much stronger. Steve

OGCamber

Reaction
Because the equipment to build a forged wheel is really expensive! And now that the rotary forging machines are the hip new piece of equipment, it is going to get even more expensive.

Courtney Halowell
Editor, StreetTrucks Magazine
www.streettrucksmag.com

SpareChangeRacng

Reaction
Thanks - I guess that explains it. I would still be willing to pay more for the strength of a forged wheel though. Steve

motoxscott

Reaction
I'm a little disappointed that the Robby Gordon wheels are cast and not forged.

I'm not sure if I'm gonna go with $200 Forged Alcoa M/T rims or $300 RG cast wheels with beadlocks.

-Scott

Donahoe

Reaction
But the Alcoa Wheel Dosnt Say ROBBY GORDON on them. That kinda stuff can get you laid at a Flatbiller party.

NEVER LIFT!!!!!

motoxscott

Reaction
Ideally I want the forged Alcoa M/T's with champion beadlocks. Whats the cheapest anyone has gotten those for? I'm looking for a 17x8 rim.

Kreg, since the alcoa's M/T's are polished, I'll fit right into the flatbiller crowd.

-Scott

SpareChangeRacng

Reaction
This is what I LOVE - all the fools will take stock forged wheels off their trucks to run "cooler looking" cast wheels. Many dezert guys do this too. I personally am looking for the strongest wheel possible. I actually need 2 more Alcoas - 15x8 w/ the old F-150 pattern (5x5.5) iIf anyone has some. Heck if you wanna trade I might even be able to get you a set of cast wheels! Steve