Walkers new rock crawler

blazersracing

Reaction
Does anyone know where I can find pictures of Walkers new rock-crawler? I have seen pics of it in the works, and it looks really high-tech. I think it has a little 4 banger in it. I checked the Walker Evans Racing site and theres nothing about the new truck. Thanks.

JCA

Reaction
Last I heard he scrapped the IFS. Too big and heavy and he needed to keep some sponsers happy so he did not have time to work out the problems. There was a thread on pirate4x4 about it.

01Baja4x4

Reaction
I'm pretty sure those are independent D60's so yup, huge! He gets the "that's not a half shaft, this is a half shaft" award. I'm trying to find the pic, but it shows the tire running above the body. Talking about crazy high angle CV's.

-Tim

DVMchase

Reaction
well now Walkers crawler looks nothing like that anymore, when he brought it out to Moab, UT on May 22 he had a new 4.3l in it. After i mounted his tires and he ran the first day he rolled over twice hard, went back to the hotel spent all night fixing it, then the next day he rolled over hard again. So yesterday he came by our shop to pick up some new 40's he said he put a 9 inch back in it, and fixed the IFS and made it stronger.

Reaction
As of a couple weeks ago he had ripped all the IFS (which is going on a TJ for recreational use) and putting some live axles back in. The maker of the axles was Dynatrac and they where 60 centers. They used the non plunge style CV. When I seen it a month or so ago it was pretty impressive but since then have heard that it was both under powered and having some weird characteristics with the IFS.