Want to get ripped off? Go to trinity

redline

Reaction
So here is how the story goes. Almost two weeks ago i took a set of FCRs that i bought from a member to Trinity. I asked them to go through them, rebuild them and fix whatever was wrong with them. I also said that I needed them the following week and he said that wouldn't be a problem. He also said that it was an hour to tear them completely apart, another hour of labor to put them back together, and parts would run about $30-$40. This was on a thursday, he said that he would have his mechanic pull them apart the next day, check them out, and get the parts on order to be there monday. Well that didn't happen. So on tuesday he calls to tell me that he was wrong on the labor and that its an hour and a half to do them each way and and that parts were going to be $51. I said ok, it was about $50 more than i was planning on but hey my carbs were going to be perfect when i put them on the new engine so it was worth it.

The following Friday comes and i haven't heard from them so I give them a call ask the salesman if i can come pick them up. He says let me go check and then puts me on hold for so long it ended up going to his voicemail. He calls me back awhile later and says that the supplier only sent the parts for one carb and he talked to them and they are sending out the parts for the second carb the will be there monday.

SO yesterday (monday) I call to check they say they have the parts and they will get them done. I was having a friend pick them up for me because i live an hour and half away from them so I called and gave trinity my credit card so they were paid and he could just get them and get on the road to meet me.

When i first see my carbs the first thing my friend points out to me is the cracked vent tube tee that the sales man had him relay to me to make sure that my tube slides all the way over the crack. Well hmmm they said they would check them out and fix what was wrong with them and on top of that the tube is cracked farther than the hose can physically go! Then i start looking a little closer at them and realize hey there is still sand on them! I opened the throttle and see some sand still in the carb between the slides even. Then he hands me the receipt and I see its for $222! Twice what i was originally quoted and $60 more than i had agreed on!

I called them and first they say there isn't any sand on them because they completely tore them apart and hot tanked them. Well signs show otherwise. He tells me to bring them back for him to check out and they are leaving in 10 minutes, I tell him where i am and says oh well you won't make it here by then so bring them in the morning. I remind him where I live and that its impossible to do that. He says he'll talk to his GM then call me in the morning.

Today he calls and says need to bring them for them to see this sand I say is on them and that if there is they must have gotten dropped before they made it to me. Which didnt happen because my friend walked out their door got in his car then got out of his car and handed them to me. Anyways I am rambling now but they say there isnt anything they can do unless i bring them the carbs and the will clean like they say they already did and that the doubled price is because there is two carb kit they had to purchase and that i knew that. Even though i was told it was going to be $160. I reminded them it would take me another $60 in gas and 3 hours of my time to bring them the carbs back and that i dont have time since i am leaving for Pismo thursday. So basically I was charged twice the amount quoted, there was still sand on them and a little in them, they didn't repair them like they said they would, and they also said that part of the problem that the obvious crack in the crossover tube was missed was because I made them rush to get them to me yesterday. Yesterday was already 3 days later than i was told they would be done!

Now after telling a couple people about this I just keep hearing even worse stories about dealing with them than just mine. So unless you have time and money to waste DO NOT GO TO TRINITY!

Brock_Beeson

Reaction
had a similar story at a fab shop who mounted my bed sides.. quickest way to lose customers.

mustafa

Reaction
I learned to stay away from them a looong time ago. Try CT Racing next time.

07FJRog

Reaction
what a joke, this is not the first time I have heard bad things about them. other than the crack, FCR's only need to be cleaned. it sure does not take an hour+ a piece to do so.

GARY HOUGH

"That's Right!"
Reaction
I known harry that owns trinity from the day he started the company he is fair ,talk to him direct he is not yhat way