• Forum membership has its advantages....

Wanted: Tacoma tail lights

cleartoy

Im doing a conversion on my 94 which includes Tacoma conversion fiber glass bedsides.

Im in Oceanside,CA. THanks.

85 Toyota xtracab 4x4
94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

TRDshaunTRD

you could buy the shell to the lights from the factory(cheap), and then wire up separate red lights in the bed. Or, if you want the whole light, the cheapest way to go is with after market ones (euro lights, if you go for those) rather than stock from the factory where they charge you an arm and a leg for. Look on ebay for the best deals.

"Those who risk nothing are nothing."

cleartoy

Thanks TRD, i didnt think about Ebay. Yeah, Toysport sells the clears with housings for $97 for the pair. I just didnt have time to go there(about 100miles). The place i bought the fenders from sells oem style for $70 each, as does the junk yard.

85 Toyota xtracab 4x4
94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

Try Fuhrman's in Santa Ana, they only deal with "mini" truck used parts. Sorry I don't have the #.

BRAAAAAAAAP!

Tony_Barraza

Davis-

Look into the aftermarket (euro) lenses to save a little cash.

Also, go to one of those aftermaket shops, and find out if they (or any of their customers who have switched to the Euro lenses) has their "take-off" factory lenses that they might be willing to part with for VERY little cash.

Just a thought.

I think you have an aftermarket shop not far from you in Carlsbad, right?

V8Ranger

I bought a brand new take off set of rear taillight for my ranger off of e-bay for $50. Quite a few people put the clear lights on and end up selling their OEM ones for pretty cheap.

cleartoy

Thanks all for the leads. I appreciate it!

Tony, what shop is near Carlsbad?

Thanks.

85 Toyota xtracab 4x4
94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

cleartoy

I get all my glass at Baja Concepts in Fallbrook,CA. Their website is www.bajaconcepts.com They have all their applications listed with prices.

Yes, they make bedsides for the normal Tacos. When you call, ask for Mike.

85 Toyota xtracab 4x4
94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

oh i figured you got yours from a different manufacture like hanamen (sp?) or boatec. bajaconcepts just retails products, so it's not like they fab fiberglass themselves...i was just looking for different companies if needed. thanks for the advice
laters
chris

cleartoy

Are you looking to buy direct? Besides Hanneman and Boatec, i know of Auto Fab, Trailer Products, Glass Works, Perrys Fab and Fiber.

Good luck.

85 Toyota xtracab 4x4
94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

well i posted about the problem with my bedsides (help..glassworks blows goats) which i got a glassworks, i would rather deal direct then through a distributor. i am talking with tim on friday about my situation again and if something doesn't work out i will check out those other manufactures you listed. thanks for the info
laters
chris

ps: how do you like your yz250? i am thinking about getting a yz125, yz250, or a raptor.

Chris, I'll throw my $.02 in here. If you are considering those three options for a dirt toy, you need to consider what you are going to be using if for. If you are going to ride or race motocross tracks, you will need a two-wheeler because most of the tracks in socal do not allow 4-wheelers (I think Victorville MX park is the only one that allows 4-wheelers).

Also, your decision should be based on your weight and riding ability level/experience. Both the YZ 125 and the 250 (late models) are excellent choices for MXing and trail riding. If you are a bigger rider like me (6-foot 200lbs) I would take the 250 in a heart beat. If you are a smaller rider and are not that experienced with dirt bikes I would suggest the smaller 125.

Now, if you are looking for a toy to run with during the day and night (like at Glamis, Ocotillo, or general desert area) go for the Raptor. However, the Raptor has a rather large motor (660cc 4-stroke) and is heavier than the other bikes you are interested in buying. The Raptor is an awesome machine is you are looking to play in the dez and have the capability of riding at night. Good luck!

BRAAAAAAAAP!

bajawaldo, thanks for the info. first off i am 5'10" only 135lbs (yes skinny as hell) and i have very little experience riding bikes but more experience in riding quads, so i would probably get a 125 or a raptor. my style of riding would be everything, little mx track, FMX (later down the road), ocitillo wells, boumant (sp?). not letting quads on the tracks is a big factor in my decision because i would like to hit up the saddleback track since it's local to me. most of my buddies ride quads at glamis all the time so i would be tempting to ride there also with them. i have ridden my friend's raptor and it's bad ass and that's why i am considering getting a quad.
the MX scene is exploding right now and it gets more exposure than quads do, but i want to ride everything day/night, track, desert, dunes....so i guess i am in a "no win" situation and i will have to sacrifice one thing over the other.
thanks for the help
laters
chris ([email protected] if you want to keep the conversation off the board)

by the way...what do you ride?

I have owned and ridden eveything from a lawn-mower mini bike, a 1971 Bultaco 350 Matador (used to be my dad's) to my current ride an ATK 604. My favorite ride was my last one, CR500. I, too am looking for a new bike. I think I am going to save my duckets for a CRF450. That thing is a badass bike. Saddleback is pretty cool because it is so close to us. They don't allow quads and have only two tracks right now. The word is they might have another one up and runnin' soon.

BRAAAAAAAAP!

DPpatrol

Josh,

that body shop page is a life saver. If it weren't for you, my yota might have ended up rice rocket tail and corner lights. I am forever in your debt.

jason

cleartoy

I love my YZ 250. Its got all the power i need. Its got FMF exhaust, bars, gripper seat cover, and that is it. If your gonna run in the sand, you should really get a paddle. On my first trip out i ran a paddle and it hooked up hard in the sand. I went out with a knobbie on the 2nd run, so i could ride with my girl on her Warrior quad in other areas than sand, and it got like zero traction in the sand(no big suprise).

I can only ride it for like 10-15 min at a time however due to severe cramping of the hands. You really got to hold on to this [email protected]!!!

I had a Banshee before this, and it is a very different experience. WIth a bike you only concentrate on 1 path rather than 2. You can hit the whoops way better on a 2 wheeler. Anybody can ride a quad, especially when it comes to sand. It requries more effort to ride a bike.

If i were in your shoes, id get a Raptor. You will probably have much more fun with less effort. Its more versitale, you can ride at night easy to ride. I wanted a Raptor myself to replace the Banshee , but could not afford it.

With your weight and ability, id go with a YZ 125 if you want to ride on 2 wheels.

Im 5'11"@194lbs, and i can handle the 250 fine.

85 Toyota xtracab 4x4
94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

Attachments