Wanzek TT Testing in parker!

WanzekMotorsports

Reaction
Thought i would share a couple of videos from testing a couple of weeks ago. Very happy so far we haven't even started suspension tuning. We are changing a bearing layout in the diff, other than that it has been flawless:) We Should be out again next month for some more testing. I woulds just like to thank everyone who has stuck with us through this whole project like KC hilites, Goodyear tires, K&n filters, MSD Ignition, Bilstein Shocks,Weismann, Racepak, & Challengermotorworks for building such an awesome truck.

http://www.vimeo.com/5832638

http://www.vimeo.com/5833151

http://www.vimeo.com/5777328

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
It a Ford 4.5L V-6.

57Racer

Reaction
Wow, that motor sounds pretty wound out all the time. Durability Dyno that sucker yet?

lkrfn007

Reaction
Truck looks good so far.....that test location is where we do our testing. our vacation home is about two minutes from there on the river next to badenoch's.....we will be out there next month testing our class 1 car as well, perhaps we will see you guys out there.....good luck with the truck!

WanzekMotorsports

Reaction
Wow, that motor sounds pretty wound out all the time. Durability Dyno that sucker yet?
The motor was built to be on the pipe all the time these motors were originally designed for nascar and ran at 8600-9000 rpms. in the video we are at 5800-6300 rpms. Yes the motor has been on the dyno it made 550hp. As far as durability we have ran these motors for years and have found them to be extremely durable that is part of the reason we choose to stick with them.

RFS Motorsports

Reaction
It a Ford 4.5L V-6.
We are running the same motor in our class 6. Is that enough torque for a trophy to be competitive? Looks dialed in and nice looking truck. Who did you fiberglass?

RFS Motorsports

Reaction
The power is all in the drivetrain. It will be very competitive!
We are running a TH400 transmission set up for TT by Culhane, a 10" TT third member. All of the parts are top of the line. Please tell me how I can improve my set up so it will be more competitive then. I am getting 506 hp at the motor and 326 to the wheels on the dyno. That was when the motor was fresh. We are running 37" tires. What hp are you pushing at the wheels?
Thanks

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
They are running a manual gear box, theres about 30-40HP saved over your T400. The ring gear in the diff is probably a spiral bevel instead of a hypoid, say good bye to more HP.......

RaceAddict

Reaction
Ok, this is a bonified TT with a 500hp V6? And it sounds like RFS is building one as well?

RFS Motorsports

Reaction
Makes sense. How is that for reliability on the course doing it that way?

PAB

40's rock!
Reaction
The power is all in the drivetrain. It will be very competitive!
Sweet bring it out and we'll bang doors, good times.

I appreciate anyone willing to go out and produce an idea that is new and support it but after driving Trophy Trucks for a few years I have seen what is really going on I have to say there is a lot more to it than just ripping across the desert.

We'll be at all the SCORE and SNORE races if you ever need a hand or anything.

PAB

40's rock!
Reaction
Ok, this is a bonified TT with a 500hp V6? And it sounds like RFS is building one as well?
I think RFS has a V6 in a new truck that can and will be a TT with a V8 and bigger suspension.....

mkiefer

Reaction
Truck looks awsome Shawn. glad to see it finished!

motorhead

Reaction
Weight?

Torque #s ? unless thats secret.

chassis and suspension pics?

What gear box? Unless that is still secret too.

If in fact a manual, I can't wait to hear some feed back on drivetrain shock with 500hp.

I love seeing something different and new :D.