• Forum membership has its advantages....

Was i sleeping is VORRA no longer?

johnnyweb

Ran a race with them with a friend on Memorial day weekend. There was like 12 cars total and ya I would say its dead.

y2kbaja

NorCal Rock Racing has 3 races scheduled this season; 2 at Prairie City and 1 in Reno. They have been allowing VORRA cars to run but the turnout is nil. U4 ran the race in Fallon on Labor day and had VORRA cars with their lower classes throughout the day but that race is now moved to Ridgecrest(?) There was a stand alone VORRA race in Hawthorne last Memorial Weekend.

There is a promoter in northern Cal that is looking at 2019 if we can guarantee him 20 cars.

43mod

Y2 if my truggy is done I will come bash your toy off the track at this race ! I may have to do it while you lap me but that's ok . I might be able to help get the deal off the ground,let me know what would help.

y2kbaja

When I see him again I will make sure he contact you to help get it off the ground. He checks RDC every now and then.

y2kbaja

Can you elaborate? I could run a whole VORRA desert weekend including prerun and entry for under a grand. I'm all about the Sonora Rally and would love to do it and could in the Safari class this year but NOT with the $3k entry fee.

Baja Dad

Can you elaborate? I could run a whole VORRA desert weekend including prerun and entry for under a grand. I'm all about the Sonora Rally and would love to do it and could in the Safari class this year but NOT with the $3k entry fee.
Eazy:
VORRA desert weekend 1 day pre run +1 day races for $1000

Sonora Rally = 1day prologe + 4 days of racing =1000km+ for $3000

so if you look at the plain math Sonora Rally is a Much BIGGER bang for the buck

plus if you dnf a day at the rally and can fix your racer you can restart the next day

43mod

I get it sanora is cool. 1000 km is 620 miles. 4 days racing costs a lot more than 1. Norra smokes all for cost per mile and great racing. Best plan is to do them all

Baja Dad

I get it sanora is cool. 1000 km is 620 miles. 4 days racing costs a lot more than 1. Norra smokes all for cost per mile and great racing. Best plan is to do them all
1000K + is just a guess they do not release the routes until the day before
my guess this year will be around 800 miles of routes.

I have done Sonora All 4 years and NORRA the last 6 years. NORRA it is a Blast !!!!
BUT it is not a Race or a True rally
I am looking forward to both of them this year

have fun and be safe!!!!!!!!!

DirtDgr

NorCal Rock Racing has 3 races scheduled this season; 2 at Prairie City and 1 in Reno. They have been allowing VORRA cars to run but the turnout is nil. U4 ran the race in Fallon on Labor day and had VORRA cars with their lower classes throughout the day but that race is now moved to Ridgecrest(?) There was a stand alone VORRA race in Hawthorne last Memorial Weekend.

There is a promoter in northern Cal that is looking at 2019 if we can guarantee him 20 cars.

Who is this promoter? Dont get our hopes up unless it is real!!! Would love to race closer to home once in a while! Really miss the VORRA events. The current do nothing thing is really a let down.

I attended one PC race last year. Just feel like we were in the way pretty much. But had fun and they do a great job on a nice long course out there. But not what I hopes for with the current promotion.

so a VORRA desert race is 250 miles= $4.00 per mile
Sonora Rally 800+ miles = 3.75 per mile
Most racers that raced VORRA are northern Nevada and NorCal locals. Factor in the travel for the racer and their crew down to the Sonora Rally and you just increased the cost by thousands. I'm sure it's a great event but not very realistic to compare the two in regards to the average racer that would race VORRA.

QurtysLyn

All the VORRA guys are welcome to come to the BOR races this year. Although Vernal is quite a haul.