• Forum membership has its advantages....

Was i sleeping is VORRA no longer?

VORRA has never been 1000 for an entry even including trackers.

The permits that came with the purchase from Wes have expired. We have engaged a consultant and teamed up with BITD and Zero1...the EAs have expired for all of us. We included Yerrington in this go around.

Goodby/Norcal is 100% on.

I'd say Hawthorne is 90% on.

This should give you plenty of time to come up with an excuse why you can't race.

And comparing Sonora Rally...a bad was race...to the Hawthorne 250 is ludicrous.

Hawthorne entry fee was $250.

VORRA is a fun place to hang out for the weekend in many peoples backyard. No comparison.

y2kbaja

Yerington would be great. We still hang out up there at least twice per year

The $1000 figure was total for everything for the weekend—gas, food, lodging, entry. So by far the cheapest around.

Sent from my iPad using race-deZert

DirtDgr

The permits that came with the purchase from Wes have expired. We have engaged a consultant and teamed up with BITD and Zero1...the EAs have expired for all of us. We included Yerrington in this go around.

This should give you plenty of time to come up with an excuse why you can't race.

And comparing Sonora Rally...a bad was race...to the Hawthorne 250 is ludicrous.

VORRA is a fun place to hang out for the weekend in many peoples backyard. No comparison.

Got a tentative date for Hawthorne? Glad to see things are in the works! Please keep us posted. We crave information!

VORRA is still alive......
Like Dave said above all VORRA classes are able to run in conjunction with Nor Cal Rock Racing series just like the last 2 years. The schedule is as follows:

March 24th-Prairie City SVRA
April 21st- Wild West Motorsports
June 23rd-Prairie City SVRA

Link to pre-reg: only $200 plus $30 for transponder with payouts for each class with 5 or more!!!!
Round #1 of the 2018 NITTO Nor Cal Rock Racing Championships – Nor Cal Rock Racing

DirtDgr

VORRA is still alive......
Like Dave said above all VORRA classes are able to run in conjunction with Nor Cal Rock Racing series just like the last 2 years. The schedule is as follows:

March 24th-Prairie City SVRA
April 21st- Wild West Motorsports
June 23rd-Prairie City SVRA

Link to pre-reg: only $200 plus $30 for transponder with payouts for each class with 5 or more!!!!
Round #1 of the 2018 NITTO Nor Cal Rock Racing Championships – Nor Cal Rock Racing[/QUOTE
How would we know VORRA is still alive?

Last post in Facebook was September 2017. No mention about VORRA on Norcal Rock Racing Facebook. Nothing on Norcal Rock Racing web page. I see a new UTV series. Cool!! I see plenty of promotion on Facebook but VORRA or its logo is nowhere to be seen.

We are “able” too. But do you want us?

Last edited:

Bro_Gill

Did they change the course they have run forever? Seems like it would be easy to tell who crosses the finish line first there. Or just creating a revenue stream?

y2kbaja

Course is the same at PC. Transponders have been used at short course (and desert) for a number of years (10?) for scorring purposes. The old days of my mom lap checking by hand went away when they retired at the end of the 2000 season. Prior VORRA owners had a purchase option but still had rentals. It's essentially the same they use at other venues including MX and circle track.

Bro_Gill

It ends up not being cheap when things like transponders are used at a short course race. That's my point. Everything on a car that doesn't make it work better is an expense hard to justify and as someone who raced VORRA back in the old days, it was never about spending more than absolutely needed. Why should racers pay for something like that at a shortcourse race is what I was getting at.

BlueCoyote

From the NCRR / NCSxS / VORRA Facebook pages
Short Course:
Mar 24 - Prairie City
April 23 - Wildwest - Reno
June 23 - Prairie City
July 14 - Wildwest - Reno
August 25 - Prairie City

Desert:
90% there...

ksmith

Dave,

Thank you for chiming in here about the VORRA Series.
Please keep us updated as to the status of the Hawthorne Desert race. It would be very helpful to know a tentative date so we can schedule for it. There's a very good chance we will dust off the car and come down from Oregon if you can get a desert race organized. 2012 was the last time we raced with you guys. Babies and careers have kept us busy but are feeling the itch to get back in the game!
Also, very hopeful you can get a permit for Yerington in the future! One of my all time favorite races!

Phoenix0783

Dave,

Thank you for chiming in here about the VORRA Series.
Please keep us updated as to the status of the Hawthorne Desert race. It would be very helpful to know a tentative date so we can schedule for it. There's a very good chance we will dust off the car and come down from Oregon if you can get a desert race organized. 2012 was the last time we raced with you guys. Babies and careers have kept us busy but are feeling the itch to get back in the game!
Also, very hopeful you can get a permit for Yerington in the future! One of my all time favorite races!
Count another Oregon racer in for Hawthorne. The truck is done and ready to go.

Last year with Hawthorne being cancelled and then uncancelled caused a huge headache. Please start letting people know about it sooner this year. It's getting pretty close.

osborne

I still can not find a schedule for the desert races. I've looked at nor cal rock race, vorra, and ultra 4 web sites and facebook. Is there any info out there?