• Forum membership has its advantages....

Was i sleeping is VORRA no longer?

y2kbaja

Yup, what Curtis said. Only 3 short course races this year the third being next weekend (6/23) at Prairie City.

I do recommend checking into the BOR race in Jackpot in July. 7 1/2 hour tow from Sacramento with low entry fees. These guys have been around for a while. Watching the videos of the course and it looks fun.

Stay tuned for a "happening" at Weeks Memorial Day 2019.

osborne

I see the short course, but Dave Cole came on here a while back and said Hawthorne, Yerrington, and Goodby desert races. Never saw anything else to support that. I have raced with BOR, just a long way to go. If anybody sees any info, let me know. Thanks.

DirtDgr

Yup, what Curtis said. Only 3 short course races this year the third being next weekend (6/23) at Prairie City.

I do recommend checking into the BOR race in Jackpot in July. 7 1/2 hour tow from Sacramento with low entry fees. These guys have been around for a while. Watching the videos of the course and it looks fun.

Stay tuned for a "happening" at Weeks Memorial Day 2019.

So whats happening in Weeks???? A race?

jackassracing89

Get it going. at this point 2019 will not be a race. But 2020 is my goal for a full on race. Plenty of notice ahead of time. For now, 2019 will include a fun run on the old race course Saturday morning, A time trial Saturday afternoon. A poker run sunday morning, and much more. The only way a race will happen, is us. the more support I get, the better it's going to be.

6.4twins

Get it going. at this point 2019 will not be a race. But 2020 is my goal for a full on race. Plenty of notice ahead of time. For now, 2019 will include a fun run on the old race course Saturday morning, A time trial Saturday afternoon. A poker run sunday morning, and much more. The only way a race will happen, is us. the more support I get, the better it's going to be.
What you got in mind for 2020? Jackass

DirtDgr

Will it be an actual “VORRA” event?

Either way I will be there for sure if the race happens!

y2kbaja

We don't own the VORRA name even though my family created it 43 years ago. This is a BJ's Dirt Days production.

And this event will be worth keeping my 9 car for. Or selling it to someone that wants to race it.

DirtDgr

Got it.

6.4twins

I've got one road I'm working on. if I get it, it'll be a race like the old days. I've got the towns support. They want us there. We just need the permits and it's on. Check out BJ's dirt days on Facebook for updates as they come
Hey BJ so are you talking just yerington? Or the old desert series- Yerington, Hawthorne and Fallon?

jackassracing89

Well, I wish I could say a whole series. At this point, I've gotta start small. Permits and insurance is no joke. Next year, a poker run on a kickass course along with other things to get the juices flowing. . My goal is 2020 for a race. Yerington is a favorite for so many, if I continue to build off of what we did this year, and as I continue to make more money and have more time off, a series would be great. Reality is, I am still a racer. Watching Wes trying to do both is almost impossible. Anything is possible, a 3 race series would be cool. As for now, I'll keep it at a once per year event, and see where it goes.

burninfuel

Can the city of Yerington pull some strings ?
Even if run on all farmland, private property. It's a big valley and many thousands of acres and miles of 2 track roads

jackassracing89

Can the city of Yerington pull some strings ?
Even if run on all farmland, private property. It's a big valley and many thousands of acres and miles of 2 track roads[/QUOTE

Yes, the town of Yerington is more than willing to help. We worked with mayor Dini this year and say's he will do anything he can to make it work for us. the private property is the issue. Most are owned by mines, that trying to contact and work with is almost impossible.

burninfuel

So ask Perri and son's, largest farm crop producer in the world. Most growing will be finished by October.
Only 1 mine is on the original Yerington course, and is has less that 300 yards of their property, they just kept the trespass fee's going up and sometimes doubled.
It's at start finish line less that 1/2 mile from start.
Also the 29 miles of East Walker river is now park lands, with many side roads and might not be BLM if it is really State lands.