• Forum membership has its advantages....

Was i sleeping is VORRA no longer?

Dave Cole 4454

Met with BJ, Troy, and a bunch more of the Vorra OG famlly at ORMHOF.

BJ asked me if he could buy back the name. I told him he could have it and I would transfet the business to him. BLM Carson City refused to allow a pernit within any remotely reasonable price and timeline. I have already committed to partner with Earl Desidero from Oddyssey 1 and BITD to share the costs of an overarching EA. I will cover those costs and then BJ and family can get back to racing.

We submitted maps for Hawthorne, Fallon, and Yerrington.

BJ will keep working with John Goodby at Norcal on the shortcourse side which will also cut costs and give more opportunities to race.

Sorry I couldnt do better by VORRA. I stepped in out of necessity because it was going away. Im glad its back in the hands of the passionate 'locals' who can hopefully bring it back to the glory days.

Let me know if you need a course marshall :)

Dave

Dirty Harry

[QUOTE="Dave Cole 4454, post: 1843339, member: 26028"Sorry I couldnt do better by VORRA. I stepped in out of necessity because it was going away. Im glad its back in the hands of the passionate 'locals' who can hopefully bring it back to the glory days.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Dave! I know that you are spread pretty thin with all of the different endeavors that you have going on but I also know that you are a racer yourself and have the best interests of other racers in mind. Hopefully you can come up and race some VORRA races with us in the future! If you have never been on the Yerrington course you are really missing out.

[QUOTE="Dave Cole 4454, post: 1843339, member: 26028"Sorry I couldnt do better by VORRA. I stepped in out of necessity because it was going away. Im glad its back in the hands of the passionate 'locals' who can hopefully bring it back to the glory days.
Thanks Dave! I know that you are spread pretty thin with all of the different endeavors that you have going on but I also know that you are a racer yourself and have the best interests of other racers in mind. Hopefully you can come up and race some VORRA races with us in the future! If you have never been on the Yerrington course you are really missing out.[/QUOTE]

Yerrington is one of my favorites. Here's a video I shot in 2011. It even snowed that year (melted by noon race day).