Watch out WRX owners

Steve_HKmtrsprts

Reaction
It looks like the Mitsubishi Lancer will be giving the WRX a run for its money if not surpassing it as an off the lot rally car. Check out the specs. for the two:

http://www.edmunds.com/future/2003/mitsubishi/lancer/evolutionvii4drsportsedan/specs.html

orvacian

Reaction
I'm not rethinking my WRX purchase, just look at the evo, its still a Mitsubeshity no matter how good the specs are. And the WRX STI is comming next year too which matches specs with the Mitsushitsi

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
When my truck is paid off and I'm not poor my daily driver will be a WRX for sure...

What is different from the STI model, suspenion, engine etc?

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
The mitsu cant be that bad, give other cars time also. I bet none of you guys were talking about Subarus a couple of years ago, because all you thought they made were those damn Brats with the seats in the back. :)

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
I like the looks of the WRX much better. I need to go for a ride in a Lancer before I buy the WRX (years down the road), but my buddy at work has a WRX all souped up and the thing hauls ass. Its faster then my other friends mustang GT by far.

Steve_HKmtrsprts

Reaction
I have ridden in a WRX with all sorts of work done to it and it hauls azz. I like the way it looks and love the way the turbo sounds and the blow off valve. If I was rich I would get one. I happened to see a Mitsu this weekend, the one that was on display at the Dealership on Beach Blvd in HB. It was yellow with all the major H.P. stickers on it and a matching roll cage. I pulled up next to him and kind of gave him the cool guy nod and he got on the gas and it really didnt move and the motor and turbo didnt sound as good as the WRX. But hey he had a lot of stickers. Just my observation but it does sound like Mitsubishi is trying. I am all for a bad azz AWD rally car over a Honda rice rocket any day. Been there done it. I'll stick with my prerunner.

PBC_Tacoma_Kid

Reaction
Im pretty sure the car you saw was not a lancer evo VII which has the turbo and all that, I dont think they are available yet and that one you saw was just POS regular one, Someone please correct me if im wrong.

scott_angryswede

Reaction
those EVO\'s are nuts

I could go either way, the EVO series of mitsu's have been killing it for years, they're ridiculous. I'd have to go with one of those