Watch us on TV tomorrow!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
That’s right, watch myself Josh and Jake Barritt make fools of ourselves on live national TV tomorrow. Some of you know that I am in production of our new video Dezert People – Second Lap. Recently we built a full size RC Car from a Toyota Camry and took it to Nevada and destroyed it. Watch the video here http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/shownotes/story/0,24330,3421737,00.html we won’t be driving the car around for the show, just showing how everything works. But they will be showing footage from the car we jumped.

Watch it tomorrow on TechTV, DirecTV channel 354, 4pm & 7pm Pacific time, DirecTV might show it at eastern times I think, 7pm & 10pm. And it looks like they show it again at 12pm eastern time on Monday.

Eric_M

Reaction
you guys have all the fun!!! how much did it cost to get that thing fully remote operated??

stupid people shouldnt breed!

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
That is hilarious!!!

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.barneysprecision.com/fabproducts.htm> Fab Parts</A>

J_Dog

Reaction
Great footage. Please replace all divets in the course (ha ha). Just watched a t.v. show the other night, forgot the show, but they did a similar thing with a car. It was on TLC or Discovery. They made it remote controlled and then strapped some rockets on the roof to try to prove some prior test someone claimed on how fast the car went. Pretty impressive. Can't wait for DP2.
Curtis, you coming out to VORRA this next weekend. Season opener Sunday March 30th at Prairie City.

Jeff Matlock
<font color=red>Law Dogz Off-Road Racing</font color=red>
Class 7s Ford Ranger - VORRA

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
Car = $170
controls = $320 (could of found something cheaper but my friend got them)
switch to activate cylinder for the brakes = $40
The rest we had.

The car that will be on the show tomorrow cost $250 and my friend at Hagin's Automotive sponsored it. We used all the same controls from the last car.

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
Yeah I hope to be there with my camera...

They aslo did it on Junk Yard wars but they just drove the cars inside some circle crashing into each other. Nothing high speed. We had to take it to the next level... :) We have more plans ;)

tedmales

Reaction
thats one of the coolest things i have ever seen, i guess i know what i am doing with the old hundai out back now!!!

life is too short to be small

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
I know how to make this better!!!

Strap one of the following individuals in the front seat while "Full Pull" mans the controls after he has consumed all of some other person's Jack Daniels.

See the poll and make your choice for the likely candidate.

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://www.race-dezert.com/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/dopoll.pl"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1048805601pjc">
Remote Controlled Car Passenger Choice:
<INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="1"> Dave Foreman of Earth First
<INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="2"> Senator Boxer
<INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="3"> Senator Feinstien
<INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="4"> Senator Boxer & Senator Feinstein
<INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="5"> Saddam Hussein
<INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="6"> Usama bin Laden
<INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="7"> French President Jacques Chirac
<INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="8"> Jane Fonda
<INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="9"> Micahel Moore (fat marxist pig)
<INPUT TYPE=SUBMIT NAME="PollSubmit" VALUE="$lang{'SUB_VOTE'}" CLASS="buttons"></FORM>

PJCinLV

slimjim

Reaction
that is rich. looks really fun too. what kind of looks did the car trailer get on the way home?

put on your seatbelt...

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

What about all of the above?

<hr></blockquote>

Too easy!

PJCinLV

desertracer

Reaction
You should build another and enter it in the Pre-runner's jump contest. That would take all the human fear out of getting on the brakes at the last second. That is the funniest thing I have every seen, especially the last big jump.

MDR Class 1

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Were you feathering the throttle in the air and while turnig like a real RC car!!!

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.barneysprecision.com/fabproducts.htm> Fab Parts</A>

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
Definitely build one for the IP jump contest...that would be too cool.

BTW, you picked up all that trash right? :)

See ya in the dirt!

desertratt

Reaction
that was to bitchn! some needs to get there hands on that s-10 that looks like a rc truck that every one bagged on in another thread and do that to it!

drive fast and take chances!!

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
That is a way to R&D suspension systems. We could have shootouts. Someone claims they have a badass kit but it looks unsafe, bolt it up and put it to work and try and break it.. You will get some bitchin footage..

Curtis you guys should take a stock ranger and see how fast a built truck can go and how fast you can get the stock truck to go through the same section.

desertbull

Reaction
This is all Full Pull~

This is all Full Pull to the extreme....He should have been strapped in at shotgun...with his bottle of Black Velvet ducktaped to his hand stapped in with a 5-point....This has the makings of an All-Arizona People versus All-Nevada People weekend event all over it....out on the desert border.

The North vs South....in the dez!

Nice job boyz!

Desertbull

Face your fears~Live Life

murphco

Reaction
Re: This is all Full Pull~

BRING IT. AZP

aligned by laser,adjusted by hammer.

Status
Not open for further replies.