Water Temperature Sensor

DOG ON

RDC's illegal immigrant
Reaction
I noticed the original water temperature sensor for (my meter gauge) on my engine is on the return hose from the radiator, just outside the engine.....

This I am sure it is correct, but it bothers me to know that this is where the water is cooler in the system....

I want to do the opposite, install the water temperature sensor so I can monitor the engine's temperature where theoretically is hotter .....on its way to the radiator...

Is this a stupid idea? Thanks

07FJRog

Reaction
I noticed the original water temperature sensor for (my meter gauge) on my engine is on the return hose from the radiator, just outside the engine.....

This I am sure it is correct, but it bothers me to know that this is where the water is cooler in the system....

I want to do the opposite, install the water temperature sensor so I can monitor the engine's temperature where theoretically is hotter .....on its way to the radiator...

Is this a stupid idea? Thanks

I prefer it on the output of the motor also.

DOG ON

RDC's illegal immigrant
Reaction
I prefer it on the output of the motor also.

So it is a common practice? I would imagine it is, unless the range of temperatures is grotesque out of the meter capabilities...

cancinoj

Reaction
on the return? just where the cool water coming out of the radiator? that's wird, haven't seen that, always is on the exit, coming out of the heads, that's the place to be or where it should be,. prior to the thermostat or just before the thermostat should be

cancinoj

Reaction
its not about common practice,. you need to measure the water temp at the end of the travel, at the end of the road, at the exit of the engine,. kind of a rule, that's they way it must be,.