Wayne Matloc challenge

Zambo

Reaction
I honestly don't know what you're trying to prove with this line of reasoning.

GBRACER

Reaction
You guys are missing the point, the UTV's are getting faster every year, my original post was to put the top finishers where they finished not the entire class, there are donkeys in every class and fst guys in every class, Wayne passed loads of both in 12, 10 and 1 so put him up front where they can and do run.
BTW who cares what they are running oem or not

BigBlue&Goldie

Reaction
We care because if you want to start in front of classes, take the blue light off so we can all be race cars. I'm fine with it, but I don't want to be stuck behind 30 donkeys that I can't push out of the way after they've ignored the horn and siren for 3 miles.

Zambo

Reaction
I think everybody would agree that if you're starting in a pro class that close to the front you don't run a blue light and you aren't immune from nerfing. If you want to baby your car along and just finish the race, they have sportsman classes in the back for that.

NIKAL

Reaction
The point is it's a falsehood to claim you run a "stock" clutch when there is very little stock about it. Is a 1600 clutch "stock" when you've replaced the disk and pressure plate with performance parts?

I think your trying to make it more then it is.

Team Ind, is who makes the Polaris & even the Textron clutches are tunable parts. In order to tune a clutch to your tire size of choice and RPM, you change Springs & weights. The clutch itself is stock Team Ind. as bought with the car.

This is no different then what I’ve done with my play RZR. Or the guy putting paddle tires on it for the dunes. Also most of these parts like sliders and rollers on both clutch pieces are considered wearable items that you will service and replace over time. Even the primary & secondary sheaves wear out over time from the belt and have to be replaced.

I bet there is more stock parts used on a UTV vs a class 11 car.

If you replace the alternator on your GM truck with one from Napa, is your truck less stock due to the Napa alternator?

As you can see there is not much to a RZR clutch kit
1543474617684.png

BigBlue&Goldie

Reaction
I think your trying to make it more then it is.

Not at all, I've tuned RZR clutches before, including my own car. The bottom line is we have people giving the false impression they are running "stock" parts when they aren't stock. Replacing all the clutch internals to accomodate your non-stock size tires is race care stuff. The UTV's these days are fully built race cars, just like a class 11. If they want to start in front of other race cars, let's treat them as race cars. Once again, not hating, but the RZR 900 days are over, so let's bring the rules up to date for the current breed of cars.

Nessy

Reaction
I heard if you put a header and aftermarket intake on your 10 car the motor isn't stock anymore.

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
You guys are missing the point, the UTV's are getting faster every year, my original post was to put the top finishers where they finished not the entire class, there are donkeys in every class and fst guys in every class, Wayne passed loads of both in 12, 10 and 1 so put him up front where they can and do run.
BTW who cares what they are running oem or not

If you’re gonna do it with a select few of the UTVs then do we do this with the other classes?

Also how is this fair for the UTVs that don’t get picked to start earlier? You’ve handed a huge advantage to the selected over the rest of their class.

I can see the podium speech now “I’d like to thank SCORE for giving us an unfair advantage over the rest of our class. We had less dust to fight and a less chewed up course but our win is still legit, right?”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swiftracing5

Reaction
True but Baja suits the UTVs better than Primm. They have way less of an advantage there both on paper and in real life.

Honda48X

Reaction
Big Blue and Goldie says buy the car stock from the Polaris showroom and the required Safety items and run the car in SCORE and then you can claim it's stock. If you buy it from the showroom and make all sorts of changes then it is now a race car.

BigBlue&Goldie

Reaction
My whole gripe is the UTV's these days are full blown race cars. If you want to start in front of other full blown race car classes (I'm not totally against this), then you need to change the rules. The UTV class has huge turnout numbers, but only a few guys that are actually capable of running with the other classes. It absolutely hoses all of the classes behind the UTV's that now have to negotiate their way through 20 donkeys that are only up front because guys like Wayne, Sims, etc. If you are going to start in front of non-blue light cars, then you need to remove the blue light. Yes, I 100% understand the blue light is a BITD thing ( I actually participate in UTV racing in BITD).

The actual, mostly "stock" UTV's aren't fast enough or durable enough to race up front, which is why there are very few "stock" components on competitive UTV's. These are your donkeys that clog the course with broken radius rods, blown steering racks, etc. Yes, there are donkeys in every class (even TT).

Baja Dad

Reaction
We care because if you want to start in front of classes, take the blue light off so we can all be race cars. I'm fine with it, but I don't want to be stuck behind 30 donkeys that I can't push out of the way after they've ignored the horn and siren for 3 miles.

That is your Problem! you have to PUSH someone out of your way!!!
Must not be good enough to just do a CLEAN Pass ????

The Blue light dose not stop some drivers from slamming into to the ass end of the UTV's
I know first hand they get Pissed off when we pass them :)

Last edited: