Wayne Nosala R.I.P.

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
This was sent to me this morning from Tony Tellier. RIP Wayne.

Unknown Soldier
A Guy You Didn’t Know Was Working For You …. and You Did Not Know It.

10 November 2020

Wayne Nosala, Mojave, California, died November 09, 2020, not in a hospital bed … and not out in the desert, which he surely would have preferred. At home, under hospice care. Under pain-alleviating compounds and Wayne, all of 56, was struck down by diabetes, compounded by systemic failures … and deemed untreatable, according to long-time partner and associate, Ann Nosala.

Nosala did a lot for the Southern California off-road community … acts often unknown, unheralded, and performed behind the scenes.

Wayne had dedicated a large portion of his life to supporting the rights of off-highway-ing in the Mojave Desert, acting as the legislative director of the “California Off-Road Vehicle Association”, or “CORVA”. Out of the Jawbone Station Visitors Center office (Cantil, CA). His efforts included lobbying the various government agencies … fighting the ever-restrictive rules and regulations geared to reduce the use of the Desert. All the while operating, in his “spare time”, an off-road car prep garage plus, and mainly, “Nosala Engineering”, a CNC machine shop located in Mojave, CA, for aerospace projects, prototypes, and exotic materials.

Wayne was a MORE “Class 12” champ in ’04. He was a busy boy, indeed.

There aren’t any huge billboards and signs proclaiming Wayne’s efforts for “CORVA”, and you, but there should be recognition of Wayne’s efforts. However, Wayne WAS presented the “Vic Van Ella Award”, a special “Checkers” trophy that was created in memory of Van Ella, a Checkers member who died in a racing accident years ago. This award has been given to a deserving number of individuals, companies, and groups over the years.

J Prich

Reaction
Was sorry to see this on social media.

9rocky

Reaction
Oh man, this is awful. Wayne was always at the land use events when he was not in his shop machining parts. We lost a good one. 2020 just got worse.

Dezertpilot

Reaction
RIP, thank you Wayne for what you did.

NIKAL

Reaction
Met Wayne once in the early 2000’s.

God Speed!

stonehole

Reaction
Saw or heard of him at meetings .....We never think of the ones who fight for us til we miss them..His name was always in the background in most battles for off road....Thanks....Alan

NeverSurfaced

Reaction
Wayne was a hell of a guy. I used to mix it up with him on the district forum and ThumperTalk quite a bit. He actually put for the effort to come out and introduce himself at an event I held at Wagon Wheel years ago. After that I would often see him up at Ransburg on busy holiday weekends, handling crowd control and education...

He was 100% dedicate to land use issues and is truly an unsung hero of everything desert racing!

Godspeed Wayne!

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
This was sent to me this morning from Tony Tellier. RIP Wayne.

Unknown Soldier
A Guy You Didn’t Know Was Working For You …. and You Did Not Know It.

10 November 2020

Wayne Nosala, Mojave, California, died November 09, 2020, not in a hospital bed … and not out in the desert, which he surely would have preferred. At home, under hospice care. Under pain-alleviating compounds and Wayne, all of 56, was struck down by diabetes, compounded by systemic failures … and deemed untreatable, according to long-time partner and associate, Ann Nosala.

Nosala did a lot for the Southern California off-road community … acts often unknown, unheralded, and performed behind the scenes.

Wayne had dedicated a large portion of his life to supporting the rights of off-highway-ing in the Mojave Desert, acting as the legislative director of the “California Off-Road Vehicle Association”, or “CORVA”. Out of the Jawbone Station Visitors Center office (Cantil, CA). His efforts included lobbying the various government agencies … fighting the ever-restrictive rules and regulations geared to reduce the use of the Desert. All the while operating, in his “spare time”, an off-road car prep garage plus, and mainly, “Nosala Engineering”, a CNC machine shop located in Mojave, CA, for aerospace projects, prototypes, and exotic materials.

Wayne was a MORE “Class 12” champ in ’04. He was a busy boy, indeed.

There aren’t any huge billboards and signs proclaiming Wayne’s efforts for “CORVA”, and you, but there should be recognition of Wayne’s efforts. However, Wayne WAS presented the “Vic Van Ella Award”, a special “Checkers” trophy that was created in memory of Van Ella, a Checkers member who died in a racing accident years ago. This award has been given to a deserving number of individuals, companies, and groups over the years.
One of the very best in our sport. One of the very best!

baja_racer

Reaction
R.I.P Old friend.............You certainly made a difference. The supporting cast in the business go under appreciated, I won't forget.