We fought the desert and the desert lost

JCA

Reaction
We fought the desert and the desert lost
Thanks to all the people that helped my team get to the finish line. We could not have done it without each and every one of you. Made me very happy and excited to be part of this community, The community we all know as the Off-Road Community. Thanks again J.C. Andrews

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
www.andrewsracing.com
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by JCA on 06/23/02 09:16 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
JC, glad to help out, when we walked into NAPA and asked for 4 cases (25 in each case) of transmission fluid the guy looked at us a little weird :)

I never knew that a transmission could run on the things we put in there, but now we know!

Go Big Or Go Home

rt_racer

Reaction
nice finish J.C. sounds like you really wanted this. i probably would have stopped and had a cheeseburger(private joke). good job. rick

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Thats crazy JC. Cool to have it finish though. Send that transmission over to Culhane since I am sure it needs a rebuild after that.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>
"Jesus loves you, everybody else thinks you're an A-hole"

bpthirteen

Reaction
Re: We fought the desert and the desert lost *DELETED* *DELETED*

Post deleted by bpthirteen

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
Good job on you and your team finishing the race. Great story...

I went over to Rodd when he stopped on lap 3 at The Wall and I really didn't think you guys would finish. Much props to you and all that helped you guys.

Attachments

• 5-25302-jc.jpg
    5-25302-jc.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 113

Stan

Reaction
:whatever:

"Rehabilitation begins at autopsy."

ntsqd

Reaction
Thot you might want this pic that a co-worker, Roger Hayes, took at the wall.

TS

"It only seems kinky the first time"
-- Bumpersticker seen in Lost Wages

Attachments

• 5-25334-jcandrews.jpg
    5-25334-jcandrews.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 124

JCA

Reaction
Thanks. I was going to try and get to Franks and meet you and Brad but something was always going on. Next time.

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
www.andrewsracing.com

frankh

Reaction
JCA congrads on your finish.

Boy do I know that feel when the race turns into a fight with time and winning does not matter anymore it is all about just proving you can get to the finish line. It is always great how 95% of the race teams will come together to help each other.

firedog

Reaction
Congrats on the finish. I know how hard it can be sometimes just to finish! keep it up!!

kurt

Reaction
JC - Way to fight on and beat the desert!!! It was great to see every one pull together and help out. Never knew a transmission would run on just about any lubricant, hehehe, we (zip-tie racing) had already given you our transmission fluid earlier in the day and then at the start of lap 6 I was down in your pits and saw them throwing motor oil in!!! We sent people (Jakob and Sam) down to check point 3 with some more oil to get you in, it was great to hear when you said people were coming out of the wood work around the course throwing oil at you! Great Finish - Talk to ya later - Kurt

BradM

Reaction
We actually did meet on Saturday night when Frank and I came by your pit. It was right after you finished. Congrats on making it the distance.

Tom_Willis

Reaction
I saw you guys at the wall on the last lap. RX #4; (Fenton desert commandos) informed S/F that you guys were gonna finish or explode in the next 17 minutes before they closed. Great to hear you made it. That finish line probably looked better to you than Anna Kournikova in tub of Peach Jello!

ntsqd

Reaction
I kept thinking I was going to get the time to look you up as well, and b4 I knew it I had to bail to make it to Big Bear in time for another commitment.
Next time. Did meet tkr @ tech, though we didn't get to yak much.

Whose truck was Brad using ? I saw his @ main pit and thot he was around somewhere. Now I know why I didn't see him about. Just got my 2 meter antenna today, so no more wondering around uninformed. Now I'll just be confused......

TS

"It only seems kinky the first time"
-- Bumpersticker seen in Lost Wages

BradM

Reaction
I was driving Carolyn's big ol crew cab chevy and I spent all day at the sand hill at mile 34.