$$$--WE GOT BUSTED, but we've LEARNED--$$$

Zambo

RDC Crypto
And the promoter does this out of kindness? Why?
There is no 'promoter.' The race would be as un-promoted as possible. No spectators, no publicity. I suppose that whoever organized it would have to take a little slice to cover his time and effort and to pay the folks who hand out the stubs.

scary fast hummer

RDC Crypto
Betwixt South Bay and deep in the heart of Texas
Just a note from this side of the pond;

We have to use roadbooks that are issued the night before the stage. There really is no way to cheat or deviate. GPS points are given randomly but are only there for safety purposes. You cannot race via the GPS, you have to follow the roadbook. The reason is that if you miss a turn in the road book you will end up in "BFE", miss the checkpoints and probably be lost. The only way to get back on the course is to back track to where you went wrong and then get it right. Does it keep the top speeds down? Yes. Is that a bad thing? No. There is plenty of room to open up to wide open throttle in the longer stretches.

One thing is for darn sure; you can't rely on where the race went last year. Even if its a well known track, if you try to outsmart the road book it WILL bite you. That being said, our races are really won by the guy in the seat without the wheel.

Last edited:

Hbomber

RDC Crypto
TERRIFICALLY well said. I thank you!
And I had totally forgotten, but Harley Letner and Kory wound up six overall in the "un-official results," which was plenty fast with absolutely NO PENALTIES. Now that they are the Overall winners, that just proves the point, does it not?

Before everyone hands out a bunch of pats on the back to the teams that weren't penalized, how does anyone know they didn't speed, deviate from the course, or have missing data? Has anyone one seen their IRC info? I can pretty much guarantee that every competitor went over 50' off the marked course at some point during the race. How does anyone know that this data is even being accurately analyzed? So far everyone that I have heard check their tracker info, has major questions about how they were penalized. Why is this data not made public?

Lucho

RDC Crypto
Website
www.altavistaevents.com
Before everyone hands out a bunch of pats on the back to the teams that weren't penalized, how does anyone know they didn't speed, deviate from the course, or have missing data? Has anyone one seen their IRC info? I can pretty much guarantee that every competitor went over 50' off the marked course at some point during the race. How does anyone know that this data is even being accurately analyzed? So far everyone that I have heard check their tracker info, has major questions about how they were penalized. Why is this data not made public?

IRC would not mind making the data public, as I understand it. But you have to go through SCORE for that.
We checked our own cars in our team with our own tracking system (same basically as IRC uses) and indeed there were certain spots where we were not right on the center of the course, but I don't believe it was more than fifty-feet. You must use Google Earth and zoom in as close as you can and still remain sharp to see exactly where the course and your tracks are.
However, Harley and Kory ran as if they were on rail-road tracks. Those guys were right on it! Something for us to shoot for next time!