• Forum membership has its advantages....

We had bonus money locked in. Why are we independent egos instead of a group.

B-Dub 1020

Hi everyone. Just wanted to run this by you all. When we were getting pro-10 going and I sent out ballots. I had bonus money on top of purse payout locked in with promoters. Example Casey @ BITD told me that he would give pro-10 a $100 a car bonus payout if we brought 20-30 class 10"s. SNORE was even willing to pay more and HDRA and MORE was willing to pay also. So now that we didnt stand united we get nothing even though we are bringing 30+ class 10"s to races.Half of a $500 entry fee gets paid out and we pay $1200- $1500 + $275 for IRC to enter a race. Whats wrong with this picture. Do you realize that Parker had what 36-40 class 10 cars and could have been a $4000 bonus on top of regular payout. The Mint how many did we bring there. Why are we not forming pro-10 and getting our class 10 brothers that podium bonus money that we deserve. Should we try it again. Every promoter would offer us as a 25-50 car group huge money to race their series. Lets be like the world of outlaws and get $$$$ for putting on the class 10 showdowns. What do you guys think. Please copy this to all class 10 racers any way you can. We could also get product companies to put up product bigger than promoter contingencies as a group. Lets start a list of whos willing to give it one more try. PS we can name our group anything. It does not have to be pro-10

How come they didn't honor their promise of a bonus? Because it wasn't an official organized Pro-10 event? That's not right.

Our plan for 2014 is SCORE and 1 BITD race. Probably Parker but we haven't got that far yet. But if Parker is anything like this year, we'll probably be there. Parker is always a fun race.

B-Dub 1020

We never went back to anyone and worked out details. Its not anyones fault but the class 10 racers. If we would have went to any org as a group they would have paid.But its business and why pay if you dont need to. SCORE would do it I think but you cant get 30 class 10s that can afford to race baja. We need to do this stateside I feel at first. Hearding Cats as Kevin Reid once told me.

B-Dub 1020

Someone mentioned to me that you could split bonus money up and have a little luck involved. Say you have 30 cars and theres a $3000 bonus. You could give 2k to the winner and at the drivers meeting put numbers 1 thru 30 in a hat and draw one number out. Example you draw out number 8. Then whoever gets 8th place would receive the other $1000. This gives everyone a chance at some $$$ since some 10 cars are older technology and race to have fun but they still come out and race.

B-Dub 1020

Not so much going to the orgs as a group, but just getting 1 or 2 guys to represent the group as a whole should suffice. Just need to get organized.
I agree, i'll get it started and then after we get a group together everyone vote on who the reps would be to go to the promoters and get us $$$$. I LIKE.

Freedogger

My opinion on why it hasn't worked yet......

ITS TOO HARD TO GET EVERYONE TO AGREE ON A COMMON GOAL!

Someone needs to take the bull by the horns and pick 3 or 4 races that have the ability to draw the most cars and TELL everyone "Here's the PRO-10 schedule"

I know its a very dictatorship attitude, but nothing will ever get done with having so many hands in the fire.

B-Dub 1020

I knew you were LURKING Bryan LOL. Your right we should have done Parker The Mint and 2 SNORE races that dont conflict in dates. What do we do now.

M.Harvey1600

I know one of the things that made the 10 car I was riding in not want to do PRO10 was the allowance of the 2.4L in a single seat car. We wanted to test the waters against the 2012 BITD class 10 field at Parker. We ended up WINNING the race but PRO10 had not gone anywhere. We wished we had the PRO10 payout that's for sure.

In 2003 PRO1600's leaders the Steele Bros. scheduled a meeting at Slash-X, we discussed the upcoming years schedule, we did a quick vote then and there of 7 or 8 races. then those 7 or 8 races were sent to all the competitors of PRO1600 from the current season for a vote of 4 total races. it worked, we pulled consistently 30+ cars at each race. Even with Rob Mac and Bryan Freeman Winning everything!!!

My 2 cents. Start right now with the V2R and bluewater and one other race this year. See who gets on board, kinda get the ball rolling. And make a schedule for 2014 ASAP.

C Robinson

Parker 425, San Felipe 250, HDRA ridgecrest, RATR. A type of schedule like this for 2014 would be awesome, and hopefully would involve atleast one Mexico race and 2 or 3 different race promoters.

B-Dub 1020

Bryan you gonna talk to the BOD and BITD to arrange some bonus $$$$ for a large class 10 count. Could we pull off say 3 races this year to get it rolling.The logistics are critical due to many teams are on little budgets. Everyone wants to do V-2-R but its a very expensive race to do. Whats the diff in rules between SNORE and BITD. I like the drawing for part of the bonus also to encourage all to come play. You build it they will come.Race of dreams

B-Dub 1020

Hello Hello hello, dont make me pick 3 races this year and put up a bottle of the best (newest technology) threadlocker ever made to the winner. Lets do this. J Rod can we put up a bottle of T-71 T-42 or R-20 to the winner of each pro-10 race. Bryan how about some free custom carpet for their pit to the winner. Who's next whatch got lol

TRON3000

We can do Toyota oil changes and $20,000 credit good towards any KRS custom home 3,500sq. ft. or bigger in southern Ca.!!