• Forum membership has its advantages....

Weatherman Relay reluctantly not at the Mint 400

43mod

Having been the Weathermans "Problem Child" (his words) 2x now you know I am damn glad to have him there.
this is pretty easy for us. We will just race Mexico and skip the lesser races.

bajadreamer

ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1458143480.695366.jpg
i actually got to meet the legend AND watch Dust to Glory WITH HIM!
It was a dream come true and something I'll never forget..

I can't believe that BITD doesn't have involved in every event in some way at least for his experience and advice... Anyway THANK YOU Weather man you are an inspiration.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

BANNED4LIFE

i missed you bob.....but I had your back, I pulled out a HOPELESSLY stuck TT on the final lap......while I was still racing :)

NIKAL

I feel Bob "Weatherman" & PCI are an asset and legacy to the sport and should never be excluded from any event, especially when it sounds like he was willing to volunteer his time. I still believe this was lack of communication between Mad Media and BITD.

Its sounds like Weatherman could have done retrieval and Casey would have been fine with that, but Bob could not have his truck ready in the 2 days notice he was given? Again it sounds like Mad Media and BITD were not communicating and dropped the ball.

Now in regards to Rugged, I'm not sure why so many feel this too was their fault? No where has it been said Rugged forced Bob out. In fact it looks like this was 100% Mad Media's fault as Scott said Weatherman was asked to do relay, but clearly Mad Media did not check with BITD before offering the position. My past experiences with Casey is he is a no non-sense guy (Thus why RG is banned again) and I cant imagine he would not allow Bob to help in some other way due to Rugged or some demand of theirs? My best guess is Casey has Rugged lined up to do relay for all of 2016 and Mad Media offered the position to Weatherman without checking with BITD first.

Bryan Racing

No one else can hold a candle close what Bob,Scott,Rhi and the rest of the P C I team has done.The product and service are and will remain unmatched.

LantanaTX

I hope weatherman will be in the air again next month for NORRA. Viva Baja!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

sweetdevil

I feel Bob "Weatherman" & PCI are an asset and legacy to the sport and should never be excluded from any event, especially when it sounds like he was willing to volunteer his time. I still believe this was lack of communication between Mad Media and BITD.

Its sounds like Weatherman could have done retrieval and Casey would have been fine with that, but Bob could not have his truck ready in the 2 days notice he was given? Again it sounds like Mad Media and BITD were not communicating and dropped the ball.

Now in regards to Rugged, I'm not sure why so many feel this too was their fault? No where has it been said Rugged forced Bob out. In fact it looks like this was 100% Mad Media's fault as Scott said Weatherman was asked to do relay, but clearly Mad Media did not check with BITD before offering the position. My past experiences with Casey is he is a no non-sense guy (Thus why RG is banned again) and I cant imagine he would not allow Bob to help in some other way due to Rugged or some demand of theirs? My best guess is Casey has Rugged lined up to do relay for all of 2016 and Mad Media offered the position to Weatherman without checking with BITD first.
Mad Media always has Weatherman provide the Weatherman Relay at the Mint 400 - completely separate from BITD operations. This isn't the first year there has been a new communications sponsor, probably why MM didn't think anything of it. Casey didn't say anything until two days before the race because he probably didn't think about it until two days before the race. He's a little busy this time of year and I'm sure has a lot of other important stuff going on...

Ease up on the blame, not Weatherman's intention of this thread - he just wanted to let his fans know why he was MIA. :)

Does this mean, that if a race team does not use Raggy Radios, they cannot be at the races supporting their race team with some other providers' radios - I think not. Most of the teams there would be banned...

No problem, Weatherman can provide radio support to specific race teams - their customers, as part of those teams. Bob has always been a part of our team!

fishd00d

What A Joke
This is a load of crap. Just more people selling out. Glad I don't support BITD directly because that's a joke if they let a new sponsor tell them who can and can't be at their race. Hell the Weatherman doesn't even get paid!!!

Any teams running Rugged Radios should be ashamed. Is it really worth getting some free Chinese crap when they are not allowing the staple of the sport to be at races!? That's bullsh1t!!

I hope Rugged goes out of business ASAP.

NIKAL

This is a load of crap. Just more people selling out. Glad I don't support BITD directly because that's a joke if they let a new sponsor tell them who can and can't be at their race. Hell the Weatherman doesn't even get paid!!!

Any teams running Rugged Radios should be ashamed. Is it really worth getting some free Chinese crap when they are not allowing the staple of the sport to be at races!? That's bullsh1t!!

I hope Rugged goes out of business ASAP.
Fish who said Rugged told BITD to not let the Weatherman help? Did you even read what was said?

As far as we all know Rugged had ZERO to do with it. Nothing has said they did, From what Scott said; Mad Media invited Weatherman to do relay as he did it before, and as of Parker BITD has had Rugged handling the Relay. A few days before the race Weatherman found out from BITD that someone else was handling it, but was still invited to be a rover if he wanted. But due to the short notice he was not able to get his truck ready, so he did not attend the Mint 400. Both PCI & Rugged were Mad Media Mint 400 Sponsors, and it sounds like Mad Media was not in good communication with BITD to know they already had the radios covered. Both companies, plus a few others were at contingency right?

fishd00d

What A Joke
Fish who said Rugged told BITD to not let the Weatherman help? Did you even read what was said?

As far as we all know Rugged had ZERO to do with it. Nothing has said they did, From what Scott said; Mad Media invited Weatherman to do relay as he did it before, and as of Parker BITD has had Rugged handling the Relay. A few days before the race Weatherman found out from BITD that someone else was handling it, but was still invited to be a rover if he wanted. But due to the short notice he was not able to get his truck ready, so he did not attend the Mint 400. Both PCI & Rugged were Mad Media Mint 400 Sponsors, and it sounds like Mad Media was not in good communication with BITD to know they already had the radios covered. Both companies, plus a few others were at contingency right?
Of course Rugged said they did not want Weatherman there, are you new?? Scott was being PC not calling out the "new sponsor" but of course it was Rugged. Come on now.

ltr450rider

Didn't the organization you support ban other media outlets from covering the biggest Mexico race of the year due to their "partnership" with another media outlet? Hmmmmmm :confused:

Rugged is certainly taking a very aggressive approach to their marketing strategy this year. By the comments being made on this forum from the majority of their potential customer base, it seems that that tactic may backfire on them a bit.

PS: I love it when I get you use "That That" in a sentence, I hope it bothers someone.:D

nohandslance

As I posted in another thread, Will the Weatherman,Team frequencies remain the same on my PCI, I-COM radio or do we have to re-program them to a Rugged radio.?
Lance.

Weatherman

The voice of desert racing
As I posted in another thread, Will the Weatherman and Team frequencies remain the same on my PCI, I-COM radio or do we have to re-program them to a Rugged radio.?
Rugged Radios usurped the Los Campeones Frequency of 152.960 which is most likely channel number 8 on a P C I Radio, (unless our customer specified otherwise). EVERY OTHER FREQUENCY REMAINS THE SAME! I am not sure how Los Campeones, who have held a valid FCC License for their frequency will react, however, you can rest assured that P C I has FCC Licenses for WEATHERMAN - 151.625 and the P C I Customer Channel which is channel 15 on almost every radio, unless the customer had directed us otherwise.

JoeyD23

I'm just curious if you think this all happened because Mad Media and BITD were not in good communication? I mean it seems to me that you think Mad Media and BITD were not in good communication and if Mad Media and BITD were not in good communication then how do you ever expect Mad Media and BITD to ever be in good communication? I don't know. It seems like you are pretty convinced that Mad Media and BITD were not in communication therefore it may be a good idea to make another post where you explain to all of us in great detail and uncertainty that you believe that Mad Media and BITD were not in communication.

#notserious

NIKAL

I'm just curious if you think this all happened because Mad Media and BITD were not in good communication? I mean it seems to me that you think Mad Media and BITD were not in good communication and if Mad Media and BITD were not in good communication then how do you ever expect Mad Media and BITD to ever be in good communication? I don't know. It seems like you are pretty convinced that Mad Media and BITD were not in communication therefore it may be a good idea to make another post where you explain to all of us in great detail and uncertainty that you believe that Mad Media and BITD were not in communication.

#notserious

I don't know Joey, but this quote of yours on UTVU makes me think there was a communication problem, and not a Rugged not wanting Weatherman there problem! Your closer to Matt & Casey then 98% of the people posting, so I would assume you would know best.

"He was not UNinvited, there was a mix up in communication with how he would be integrated again this year and it slipped through the cracks. Matt Martelli was bummed that happened."

So what was the real deal Joey??

#totallyserious

JoeyD23

I don't know Joey, but this quote of yours on UTVU makes me think there was a communication problem, and not a Rugged not wanting Weatherman there problem! Your closer to Matt & Casey then 98% of the people posting, so I would assume you would know best.

"He was not UNinvited, there was a mix up in communication with how he would be integrated again this year and it slipped through the cracks. Matt Martelli was bummed that happened."

So what was the real deal Joey??

#totallyserious
I just said it another way than what has already been said. It was a bummer he was not there. He should have been there and I along with everyone else who attends or is involved in the Mint hopes Weatherman is back next year. I can't speak to the absolute details because I only know what others here have already shared but my point was that he was not UNinvited by Mad Media who had invited him in the first place. I don't know what happened on the BITD end that brought it to this, I just know this was not on the Mad Media end.

BUT, My point to you was that you have made multiple drawn out posts saying the same thing like you are on an investigative hunt. I just thought it was funny.

J Prich

Mad Media always has Weatherman provide the Weatherman Relay at the Mint 400 - completely separate from BITD operations. This isn't the first year there has been a new communications sponsor, probably why MM didn't think anything of it. Casey didn't say anything until two days before the race because he probably didn't think about it until two days before the race. He's a little busy this time of year and I'm sure has a lot of other important stuff going on...

Ease up on the blame, not Weatherman's intention of this thread - he just wanted to let his fans know why he was MIA. :)
No. Someone must pay! LOL.