• Forum membership has its advantages....

Weatherman Relay reluctantly not at the Mint 400

Glamasu

I'm just curious if you think this all happened because Mad Media and BITD were not in good communication? I mean it seems to me that you think Mad Media and BITD were not in good communication and if Mad Media and BITD were not in good communication then how do you ever expect Mad Media and BITD to ever be in good communication? I don't know. It seems like you are pretty convinced that Mad Media and BITD were not in communication therefore it may be a good idea to make another post where you explain to all of us in great detail and uncertainty that you believe that Mad Media and BITD were not in communication.

#notserious

they were communicating on rugged radios.... explains everything...

BOYSCOUT

I may be alone here but all the recent threads shouting about being picked on are sending me straight to Rugged and away from PCI.

12LaPaz

I may be alone here but all the recent threads shouting about being picked on are sending me straight to Rugged and away from PCI.
You are alone... Bob does more for the sport in 1 day then you will do in your whole career.

Andre

The Mint 400 is no longer the race it used to be but Bob The Weatherman is a Legend and always will be
Casey is a chump and he has proved that for all to see....shame on him

Casey is NO chump.

Thumbs down to even think that.

nelson979

We volunteered and both the radios they gave us didn't work, so I don't know if I would buy anything from rugged just from that experience ,but I'm not sure if they were rugged radios or bitds

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

BOYSCOUT

Nope..

I would love a sponsorship from either , or anyone else for that matter...

I actually have stuff purchased from both PCI and Rugged.
Have had great service from both as well.

Was actually bummed out a little to not hear him on the radio at the mint.
I've listened on the net and in person over and over and it was weird not to hear the voice of off road on the radio.

i just don't understand the threads started by himself/themselves about how they are being picked on or how someone is out to get them...
If someone else would have started the threads I may feel differently.

I could actually see someone else being pissed and asking questions about the Mint or the LOORS issue.
If they had replied with an explanation instead of starting the whole controversy I'd undertsand a whole bunch better.

Feels strange. It's like someone from General tire posting about how they couldn't come to a race because it was sponsored by BFG.

A company and man I have had a ton of respect for has lost a little, at least for me.
No big deal, I am a nobody.

Clearly it's not something felt by many , if any, others.

Ok, you can Continue on, and explain why how you see it is clearly superior to anyone else's point of view...

Have at it guys.

LantanaTX

I think Casey runs a sucessful series, but we always need to buy stuff from PCI at every race and it is a comforting feeling knowing the Weatherman has our back out on the course. The things we waited to buy at the race will now just be bought sooner. Our next race is NORRA and I hope the Weatherman will be watching us from the air like prior years.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

12LaPaz

Casey is NO chump.

Thumbs down to even think that.
I can respect that you want to stick up for him but honestly a person can always redeem himself if he wants to.
Bob is a major backbone of this sport and has proven that countless number of times... way before bitd even existed.

_TimS

i just don't understand the threads started by himself/themselves about how they are being picked on or how someone is out to get them...
If someone else would have started the threads I may feel differently.
I could see that and in fact is a thought in my mind, but PCI and the weatherman have helped build this forum as much as they have been involved with the building of desert racing. I'm a new commer myself (5yrs) but respect his history.

RATPACKRACING

"Damn" to many key board surfers on this simple "why Bob wasn't there" again take something small and blow it up to something it don't need to be!!

ATRacing

Boyscout,
I have to chirp in here because I don't think that your take on the whole situation is very fair. I am not dissing Rugged who is a good company and makes some good products. But if you rebook at the thread, nor does Anyone from PCI. ALL the notes from PCI are on the contrary very humble and politically correct, neither attacking BITD, Mad Media OR Rugged Radios! They were simply letting their followers and clients know why weren't at the event, as I am surely that many teams missed them and wondered why they were absent.

NOW, the fact that Bob, Scott and the PCI team are all extremely highly thought of in the whole off road community, that in fact many would say that the Weatherman is a pillar of the Off Road community and that the family has always done their utmost to look after racers, their safety and their needs by offering the best race products on the market, does not really justify your interpreting it as though PCI is being unprofessional or arrogant. On the contrary...

Just my. 02 cents as I don't believe that last they deserve the label that you chose to put on them, whether one uses PCI or Rugged.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk