Weatherman's continuing not so super duty saga

Weatherman

The voice of desert racing
Reaction
Some really good news on my 6.0 liter, '05 super duty. Cliff Irey from Ford sent me 4 injectors, in case I have another injector problem on one of my long summer trips.

Broc Ross from Ross Diesel Preformance, (503-366-9567), sent me a bracket that bolts to alternator and holds firmly, the tubing between the intercooler and the turbo. Since Chris Golding at Parker Motors installed the bracket, my turbo tube has not blown off. Before the bracket, the upper or lower hose blew off a total of seven times.

I really must love my truck as I keep my fingers crossed every time I hook up the fifth wheel with my Jeep or take the camper and boat. Sometimes it gets me there with no problems, but mostly not.

I posted this to help other Super Duty owners know that there is a fix regarding the vibration issue with the intercooler tube that causes the hoses to blow off. I hope it helps someone.

baja stu

Reaction
At my company we own a fleet of Fords with 6.0's and we have just about spent more money on injectors than the trucks are worth. Good luck.

michael_loomis

Reaction
Wait!

No Bronco with a zillion antenna's!?!

Where did the time go?? LOL (or maybe in my childhood, I just assumed that was yours Bob? haha)

BGRANT

Reaction
I had the same problem a few years back with the hose on the turbo. They had a different tube and hose that was supposed to work better. My brother in law just had the same issue. So far so good. (knocking on wood)

Pee Wee

Reaction
I have an 04 that scares me to drive to the liquor store let alone hitch to a trailer and go. Anyone ever heard theirs make a noise kind of like an old choo choo train from what sounds like under the hood lower driver side? When it happens you can see the boost drop when it is going on. have read all of the forums on the subject and done all of the recomendations to this point.

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
BUY the ford warranty for the 2 grand BEFORE you go over 100k miles......big red (05 nightmare) has been to the dealer 3 times and the bills supposably run close to 10 grand all FREE and i have 95k miles of warranty LEFT!

ACME

Reaction
BUY the ford warranty for the 2 grand BEFORE you go over 100k miles......big red (05 nightmare) has been to the dealer 3 times and the bills supposably run close to 10 grand all FREE and i have 95k miles of warranty LEFT!

I would post on all the FORD Boards I could what a POS it is... Sorry Pete, had to do it... :)

I had the same problem a few years back with the hose on the turbo. They had a different tube and hose that was supposed to work better. My brother in law just had the same issue. So far so good. (knocking on wood)

76K on our '04 and it was flawless for years then one day... A guy at the last dealer scuffed up the area where the hose clamps down and used the new hose and an aftermarket clamp with a bolt, no problems since: he said with his fingers crossed!

Laurie

Reaction
Bob,

We have 2 super duty diesels and Dan was having intercooler problems with his truck. We finally replaced the radiator and haven't had a problem since.

shrek

Reaction

You can buy another 100k warranty? After the purchase of the truck? Buy that at 99,999?

Shrek

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
You can buy another 100k warranty? After the purchase of the truck? Buy that at 99,999?

Shrek

yes, i was the original owner and you can buy it from ford.....no deductables also....they fix it all for free.....i dont know if you can if your the second owner but i think you can....call chris at parker motors....service mgr...he's a little confused right now but im sure he can help you...........

bfiguy

Reaction
So Poor Ford went back to International for motors, even though the 7.3 is one of the most reliable engines in the world. I can't believe they still do business together. My big Red '00 runs like a champ, never any problems; feels like she's just about broken in at 160,000 mi. AND I don't fear going anywhere; including Baja with her. Thanks to Richard Boyle for selling her to me, he said it is the best truck he ever owned. Now it's the best truck I ever owned.
6 liter= junk. (Tons of power till it pops....)
Sorry bout yer issues, Bob, see you in Mex.

Roger
Motion Tire Motorsports
BFI racing

CRITTER

Reaction

Shrek

The requirements are ............... truck has to be within the 5 year 100,000 miles diesel warranty to purchase the extended warranty.
If you are over 100,000 miles or the truck has been in service for no longer than 5 years.(the original date of purchase for the truck) cant buy it

SteveinAZ

Reaction
Throw in the EGR cooler failures and Oil Cooler failures and ouch...there is a guy in Mesa that's working on these though. New EGR coolers (completely welded, no brazing!) and a remote oil cooler and filter arrangement - I guess one thing at a time, fix the little things and you may end up with a bulletproof 6.0l.

Manning

Reaction
Hmmmm......I have a 05 superduty w/ 73k on it(lots of towing!) and the only issues so far are 1 injector and the turbo hose blowing off... both were within a week of me putting a programmer on it(bullydog) took the programmer off... no problems since...I think there good trucks and engines as long as you leave em alone, the minute you try to up the horsepower they have problems....

GHARACING

Reaction
/\
|
|

dead on.... there "ok" if you leave them alone... but i have also seen stockers take a crap... so you never know.