Weber Carb?

SDranger

Reaction
Im building an 1835 vw for a rail, and a guy i know has a webber 44 that he will sell me for 60 bucks. He said it will need a rebuild kit which is about another 60, but its in pretty good shape. Seeing as how new ones are like 300 bucks, this seems like a good deal. What do you guys think? Also any recomendations on vw forums would appreciated. Thanks

97 Ranger 4x4
02 CR125

cleartoy

Reaction
Does that come with a manifold and likage? Make sure you get everything, because buying weber parts individually adds up quick.

If you rebuild it, make sure you replace all the gaskets, go through it thoroughly. Clean all the passage ways ect. If its been sitting, there be some crap in the float bowl, jets.

I bought a set of carbs used once, and later found that the throttle shaft was bent on one. Too much money to repair.

85 Toyota xtracab 4x4(for sale)
94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

Mike_HKmtrsprts

Reaction
call fast freddys in costa mesa for cost on parts and help ask for shawn...714-540-3801

vwguy

Reaction
depending on how old it is it might not need a rebuild but may have to have the passages cleaned out like take out all the jets and those items and blow them out with compressed air. yes make sure you get all parts with it because they do cost a lot individually.

let me know if you want to know the settings on the jets for that carburator

how ironic is it that most people slow down for speed bumps yet almost all of us here im sure pin it