Website E-Commerce / Shopping Carts

baja619

Reaction
SO I am trying to figure out what the best way to go about setting up a shopping cart for an existing website. I have done a ton of research checking out different software packages, reading reviews, viewing demos, and everything else you can think of.

Basically I do not want to be a sucker and jump on the first one that sounds good and will meet the criteria.

I tried calling up a few web studios whose work I liked and I was quoted $2,000.

I know some people on here have set them up and I am curious as to what tools they have found useful, which software is recommended, what is an average set up fee for a quality program, ect.

I am very familiar with creating websites, programming and the protocol that this kind of stuff entails, I am just not familiar with this kind of operation.

Any and all comments / suggestions are welcome.

Micah

baja619

Reaction
I filled out a form to request a quote. They asked if I have any problem investing $10K annually for expenses related to their service. What is up with that?

Did you have any concerns about X Cart, Idealer?
http://www.x-cart.com/

I was checking it out today and since than I have received several recommendations.

idealer

Reaction
x-cart sucks, I have used miva, x-cart, monster commerce, os commerce and magento, you can use magento for free, I would charge $1500 to setup and stylize the site in magento. Miva is nice too and offers many 3rd party modules. Magento comes out of the box with everything you could possibly need. Maybe we could trade some glass :) call me if you have questions 949-500-9068 Aaron

X-Carts code base is like 5 years old. Magento is new using the latest web technologies and features.