• Forum membership has its advantages....

WEC 2015

Silverstone was an epic race. 6 hours of full tilt LMP1 war! The more things change the more they stay the same, Audi with the win but my beloved Porsches are serious contenders in only their second season. I can't wait for Spa!

Nissan is going to have their hands full when they show up at Le Mans!

freddy

Looking forward to see the Nismo GT-R LM at LeMans. Will it work or not?

Porsche are seriously fast running with 8MJ, could be a big advantage on the straights both at Spa and LeMans.

For anyone new trying to keep up with WEC I recommend radiolemans.com

RacerX

That race was great. The speeds at which the Audi and Porsche were dicing back in for was amazing. The speed of the Porsche over the Audi was staggering. Le Mans is going to be interesting.

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Porsche are sitting 1-2-3 in qualifying for Spa tomorrow, knocking 4 seconds off the previous qualifying record. After watching the 6 hrs at Silverstone last month, these WEC cars are impressive. The countdown to Le Mans begins.

freddy

Le Mans this coming weekend! This race is shaping up to be a classic with the 4 manufacturers in LMP1.

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Porsche has already knocked nearly 5 seconds off last years pole time and qualifying isn't until Friday. The ACO are already talking about new rules for next year to slow the LMP1 cars down.

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Well this sucks, the #63 Corvette has been withdrawn from the race on Saturday after crashing out in the Porsche curves. Reports say Jan Magnussen is okay and a broken throttle pedal mechanism was the cause.

freddy

WEC is shaping up to be something really special, F1 should start to worry big time, this is where the manufacturers want to be.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

RacerX

I am finally glad to see Ford confirm it. I wonder how long this program will run. I guess it will depend on how long Ford make the GT. I am glad they are running both series. That will give them a ton a testing prior to going to Le Mans next year.

Its great for the sport of endurance racing when another manufacture steps into the mix.

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
I hope Ford is committing to a long term program with the GT. I got the feeling watching the video below this program is just a celebration for the 50th anniversary of the GT-40's first win at Le Mans.

I hope they plan on sticking around for a while.

RacerX

I am glad they have car built already and are planning to test all summer. This at least gives me some hope they will be competitive instead of trying to finish a car in time for the 2016 24hr of Daytona.

I don't see this long term as Ford would have to continue selling the GT year after year.

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Prediction for tomorrow, As much as i would like to see a Porsche victory, I have a feeling Audi reliability will result in another win.

freddy

I completely agree, l'm hoping for Porsche but Audi has a way of always ending on top. Toyota is a dark horse also. I also hope Nissan can finish with atleast one car.

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Four hours in and I'm surprised with Audi's pace, I expected Porsche to pull out a a good sized gap but Audi not only stuck close but took the lead. The commentators mentioned Audi could possibly go 5 stints on their tires, meaning the drivers would need to be swapped out before the rubber.

RacerX

You can never count out Audi. At Silverstone and Spa the Porsche's were very fast but in the end Audi showed their strength. I would like to see Porsche win just for the sake of competition. Anything can happen in this race, especially in the last hour. Already 4 hours in and one Audi has already crashed. I definitely wouldn't count out Toyota. Its like they are sitting and waiting to strike.

It was interesting the bold statement that Porsche said that they will win and crush the distance record.

Can Corvette keep the fight and stay on top with one car in GTE Pro?

I cant wait till next year with the Ford GT back.

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
10 hours in and the top six cars are within a half lap of each other. As far as the distance record, if they keep this pace they could break 400 laps. Corvette is still holding the lead in GTE. The #21 Nissan is sitting in the side of the course with a rear wheel issue, it was already 25+ laps down.

freddy

Porsche wins LMP1. The possibilty of rain had me worried there in the end. Straight fight between Porsche and a
Audi. Toyota was a real disappointement and for Nissan it was a test session. 2016 will be even better, let's just hope that the ACO does not slow the cars down to much.