Weddle R&P

oldman dirt

Reaction
I thought the rule was it had to be a STOCK R&P
with a vw stamp on it

9rocky

Reaction
Cory, talk to Corey. We ran the 4.12 at the Snore 250 that Beanerboy won last year, and it worked very well.

oldman dirt

Reaction
Ask Clint Torres or John at RC Trans.

RC trans yeah arent those the guys using the late model first second gear cluster?

I would like to see the insides of the trannies checked

This has been an on going issue for a long time, everyone is so worried about weight they should be worried about trannie guts and ported heads, I havent heard of a head coming off in years.
Counter weighted cranks, balancing, lightening, WHATEVER

and when was the last time a carb was removed and a manifold checked ?

I could continue

Shred918

Reaction
I am not normally at the post tech as I usually hang out at the remote pits but I have seen trannies scoped and heads pulled somewhat recently.

oldman dirt

Reaction
well the way I read the rules it says STOCK TYPE ONE GEARS
a Ring and Pinion is a gear
I would like an official comment on this maybe from Art.
it goes on to say the only allowable gear changes are 3/4

oldman dirt

Reaction
I am not normally at the post tech as I usually hang out at the remote pits but I have seen trannies scoped and heads pulled somewhat recently.
when and where ?

oldman dirt

Reaction
Bill at SNORE says WEDDLE is legal
so I learned something

Haney motorsports

Reaction
I will be the 1st to tell you they are still checking engines(pulling heads).Last year we were down to a short block...not fun at all and not worth it.....think mr hughes was torn down that far too
RC trans yeah arent those the guys using the late model first second gear cluster?

This has been an on going issue for a long time, everyone is so worried about weight they should be worried about trannie guts and ported heads, I havent heard of a head coming off in years.

I could continue

oldman dirt

Reaction
I have been down to the crank at a SNORE race and i agree not worth it--just making a point

9rocky

Reaction

I could continue

It would have been foolish to have posted anything here about running a ring and pinion that was not fully vetted with Shapley, Art, Savage, and Ron Weddle.

John at RC Trans is a very stand up guy, and knows the rules better than anyone.

justplainnate

Reaction

I could continue

then heres what you do about it...at the next race when you are the driver of record, bring $500 to post race tech and protest it. its as simple as that!

oldman dirt

Reaction
then heres what you do about it...at the next race when you are the driver of record, bring $500 to post race tech and protest it. its as simple as that!
shouldnt have to "PROTEST" to have a trans checked--
and I was the driver of record--where did that comment come from---??????????????????

and the protest has been done before and it stirred up alot of issues---maybe you dont remember or werent racing then.
The people involved know what I am talking about no need to go back in time

justplainnate

Reaction
shouldnt have to "PROTEST" to have a trans checked--
and I was the driver of record--where did that comment come from---??????????????????

and the protest has been done before and it stirred up alot of issues---maybe you dont remember or werent racing then.
The people involved know what I am talking about no need to go back in time

i know you were the driver of record and my comment came from the fact that you said we should be worried about people with ported heads and illegal transmission guts and all i did is offer you a solution to that. no need to get all worked up. now back to the weddle ring and pinion...

ffrank

Reaction
Nathanial, I love it when you get a little liquored up! Kevin said it best, and John at RC is top notch and very knowledgeable.

oldman dirt

Reaction
sorry toooo many little blue pills I guess !

Guess I will have to go buy a WEDDLE R&P now.

cogbox

Reaction
spend the money on the ring and pinion. they are worth the money hands down. they usually out live the case. now about my cheater gear boxes......... i say scope all you want. if you want we can pull it down for you to look at everything except 3rd and 4th gear all for a small fee say 500.00:D
the ring and pinion is legal in snore and score. it has the correct tooth count to match the stock vw ring and pinion ratio. i was told that the rules say stock vw so that there could not be any aftermarket ring and pinions made with different tooth counts. else where in the rules it states 4.12 8x33 or 4.37 8x35. the weddle ring and pinion matches that without a problem.
not to start a problem but the rules state stock vw 1st and 2nd gear. ok what is stock vw gear ratios? 1st 3.80 common, 3.78 the super beetle, 3.40 the alpine. 2nd 2.06 common, 2.25 auto stick. now all of these gear ratios came in stock vw type 1 beetles.
and with the rules saying internal modifications allowed. so there is no reason you could not put any of these ratios together to suite your needs. just means a lot of work for a part that will only last 3 races tops:mad:.i say its not worth it. now if the power that be allowed you to run a after market 3.78-2.06 ratio main shaft life would be great. you could make a gear box go 4 races without service.:eek: