Welding helmet

blue dog

Reaction
My speed glass had a unfortunate accident of epic proportions ( rest in peace ). Had to dig out my old Lincoln helmet that is probably 12 years old. No bueno in the current day.

Was wondering if anyone owns or has tried the Esab sentinel.

Any input would be appreciated .
Cheers

powerbox_builder

Reaction
I was wondering about it also, looks cool, but pricey. But couldn't get any feedback from anyone about it. Several people recommended the Miller Elite so I went with that. Couldn't be happier.
My last SpeedGlass sucked and I knew after that I didn't want something that was purely solar powered. The Miller has solar and a replaceable battery.

brad inch

Reaction
what do you think is the lowest number shield that can be used for a wire welder??i have a #10, and i think its to dark.
thanks brad

blue dog

Reaction
Problem is no one around next has them in stock, I want to try it before I fork out 3 bills on a helmet

gwizz

Reaction
what do you think is the lowest number shield that can be used for a wire welder??i have a #10, and i think its to dark.
thanks brad
my eyes hurt with a 9 above 140 amps. but a gold 9 is how you get gold or clear stainless welds so eh.

Crashly

Reaction
I have the ESAB sentinal, and a few other helmets. For GTAW I prefer my lincoln clear view and for everything else I prefer my miller clear view. The blueish tints work extremely well. FYI the amount of shade/tint is directly proportional to the amount of amps being used and the users preference

scottm

Reaction

Fifty

Reaction
I’m running that Lincoln (made by Viking) it’s soooooo clear.