weldong vw engine case

mexracer10

Reaction
welding vw engine case

I was wondering how risky is it when welding a magnesium vw case? i want to tig weld the reinforcements that everyone puts on the block to prevent braking and the number 3 cylinder on the back as well as make it full flow. ive welded aluminum cases but not the mag, will it be ok or will i set the block a blaze if it gets too hot?

Last edited:

5racer

Reaction
Re: welding vw engine case

I was wondering how risky is it when welding a magnesium vw case? i want to tig weld the reinforcements that everyone puts on the block to prevent braking and the number 3 cylinder on the back as well as make it full flow. ive welded aluminum cases but not the mag, will it be ok or will i set the block a blaze if it gets too hot?

you will not burn case down it takes huge heat to burn mag more than your welder will put out .make sure its clean ,clean and clean before welding. and set down when you buy rod it will shock you at the cost of it .

mexracer10

Reaction
can i weld aluminum plate with aluminum rod to it? or do i need mag rod to weld the aluminum plate to it? ive never done a mag case so i am clueless.